For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By NickZ
Its future proof, currently you cannot run sequential injection and ignition on a 6 or 8 cylinder. Like many others (mine also) we are just waiting for the code to catch up.
By Broke4speed
Leadfoot wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:29 am Nice work,
This may be just what I need for my 20B Mazda rotary. I need 6 ignition and 6 injector drivers too.

I read through the thread but did not see where or how the code changes were made to define the additional outputs. Maybe that’s already configurable in Tuner Studio?, I’m new to Speeduino.
Be aware that the onboard crank sensor input is for a hall sender. If you want to use this PCB with a VR crank sensor, you'll need to integrate a VR decoder board as well. I've got PCBs on the way (thanks again Pazi88!) and will be adding a max9926 board into it somehow, probably on a standoff or in an external enclosure. Unless I find a BMW project first, lol ;).
By pazi88
Yes I did meant this as simple PnP for m52, so I didn't include any options for vr-conditioner. But of course that can be wired in with little bit of trickery :D

Last night it got little bit warmer here, so I managed to run the map hose without freezing and tried out the speeduino little bit better:

Even the bluetooth works :D Love how stealth that is. I have not tuned that at all, because I don't have wideband in my car. But still even without tune I can call that success. The horrible injector ticking is also gone, because I changed it to run alternating squirts instead of simultaneously.
By PSIG
Congratulations! Image If (for any reason) you wanted to run simultaneous or quiet them further, the horribly loud clicking tends to indicate it needs a pulse damper. Steal one from any car that came with one (there are many), or make one if you prefer.

David
By pazi88
Yeah it doesn't make much sense to run simultaneously because speeduino has the outputs to run alternating :D

For someone needing, the base tune is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CANHN ... yYi3wFoilM

I also got the rev1.2 board done. I will probaply do some adjustments to that still, but it's here to check out:
https://easyeda.com/pazi88/speeduino-v0 ... m52-rev1-2

I did move the MAP sensor and Mega so that those do not require that big holes cut into the case. I also added the baro sensor and it's wired to A5 input. This is not something that I need, but janithdg told me that it's mandatory in some parts of the world. And support for it seems to be in GIT. Then the CEL light is wired to pin 37, so when programmable outputs are available, that can be used as shift light for example. Pins 35, 33 and 31 are also connected to ULN so there is 3 more spare relay etc. outputs. And because closed loop VVT control may be thing in some day I also added the cam input. This is something that doesn't work directly in M52. You would need to use for example m52tu/m54 intake cam sensor. Or any generic hall sensor. For that there is JP1 jumper that allows the hall sensor to be powered from 12v or 5v. If you for example put this to 12v and replace stock m52 cam sensor with m52tu/m54 intake cam sensor, it will work great. BUT DO NOT USE THAT JUMPER WITH STOCK M52 INTAKE CAM SENSOR. It will fry the sensor or something else. And because sequential injection and ignition is not a thing yet, the cam sensor is quite useless, before closed loop VVT control can be used.
By runesm
I was so excited finding this post that i immidiatly by page 1 had ordered a set of 5 rev 1.1 pcb's, only to find out that you are already on rev 1.2 - so i ordered 5 of those too

But happy to see the 1.1's work :D
By runesm
You mention it is similar to a version 0.4

Is this also in regards to the BOM? Because then i just might order a set right away too
By pazi88
runesm wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:54 pm I was so excited finding this post that i immidiatly by page 1 had ordered a set of 5 rev 1.1 pcb's, only to find out that you are already on rev 1.2 - so i ordered 5 of those too

But happy to see the 1.1's work :D
Yes those are proven to work. And the rev1.2 is not finished yet :D I will still try to make that better, because I'm not 100% happy about how all the traces go and I have not double checked that everything fits physically. So if someone needs extra features in rev1.2, I would suggest waiting little bit.
By pazi88
runesm wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:23 pm You mention it is similar to a version 0.4

Is this also in regards to the BOM? Because then i just might order a set right away too
Yes BOM is almost identical. Few additional components and you will not need every component of the regular 4.3 BOM. The modified BOM is here in addition to other files and base tune for m52: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... yYi3wFoilM

EDIT in addition to the BOM you all are going to need thermally conductive insulation pads between the to220's and ms41 casing. The ms41 only has that for ignition drivers, but also the STP fets need those too. I did buy locally thin sheet of glass fiber reinforced silicone insulation that has adhesuve backing. But I have not yet found equivalent online.
Last edited by pazi88 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I checked and my sensor is not loose. Trigger whee[…]

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?