For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By pazi88
2022 is here and I'm totally bored on soldering these THT boards :roll: So I introduce this rev3.0 board that is mostly SMD:
rev3.0.png
rev3.0.png (157.34 KiB) Viewed 4613 times
The design is not 100% ironed yet and I haven't ordered boards for testing, but if you want to be adventurous, it's available at EasyEda: https://oshwlab.com/pazi88/speeduino-v0 ... _copy_copy

The current chip shortage has been taken into account when designing this, so at least currently all the components on this board should have good availability. The big TO220 components are still there but other components are almost all SMD. As feature wise this is pretty much same as previous rev2.2. Though I have added interface chip to K-line and the transmission CAN lines connect to "mega". These are meant to be used with the STM32 mega replacement processor. And the K-line part won't probably ever be part of the Speeduino FW. So it's mostly for my own use and for more advanced users.

There is though one change that will affect regular users, which is that the 3x spare relay outputs are now general purpose I/O pins. That is mostly because I at least personally haven't found any use for the spare outputs, but I'm missing inputs. So those relay outputs are now mainly protected digital inputs, but those can be used as outputs too with circuitry to match. And the 5 spare analog inputs now have solder jumpers to enable bias resistor/pull-up.
By Dochka
pazi88 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:27 am
Dochka wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:42 pm Hi,
I've assembled the latest M52 Version 2.2 Black board with the components like listed on the BOM Excel sheet,
Installed the latest 202202 firmware using PlatformIO and modified the Inj Channel to 6 and Ign Channels to 3 to run sequential...
Under Test Mode I get all the LED's to blink and the Injectors Clicking, also All the LED's for the Ignition Outputs illuminate but the Ignition Coils doesn't Fire :x
I also get all the sensor inputs correct, like RPM, TPS, MAP, BARO, BATT Voltage except Coolant and Air Temp showing 215 and if I try calibrating them, I get Error "Null" under "Thermistor Calibration" in Tuner Studio
Fuel Pump also primes and the IAC Works
I tried changing one of the Igniters inside the board to a "Bosch" one from Megasquirt with the same problem... No Spark :evil:
Also tried a logic ignition coil from a Nissan VQ35 engine, doesn't spark...
I can't understand why I have no spark if I get RPM and all the LED's are blinking
I've got the exact same issue with another board, the M50 Version 2.3 Black Board also...

Please help :cry:
Thank You
You have some weird component problem. And that null error while calibrating is resolved in newer TS version.
Calibrating Thermistors worked in Tuner Studio !
But I still have Ignition Coils that don't fire, although the Ignition LED's blink under Test Mode :(
By My.Yeremenko
Hello. I want to use an additional fuel pressure sensor (3 pins 100PSI) on the 2.0 board. How to connect it correctly? If I understand correctly, I need an additional SCR/Diode, a 0.1uF capacitor, a 470Ohm resistor, a 2.49kOhm resistor, and connect all this to the A6? Or can I directly connect the signal output of the sensor to the analog input of the arduino?
By PSIG
Do a search. First one I found for pressure (or other analog sensor) example here. One option is to just copy the input components from an existing analog circuit.
By diablospeed
I had a Speeduino MS41 REV3.0B made by JLC PCB and i use M54 cam sensor.
The problem is that i can't get the engine to run properly, i tested a lot of configuration in tuner studio (engine constants, trigger setup...), and i read all your documents but the engine does not run well. It crank and start but, opération is erratic.
I saw the last Firmware on Github 202207 and i used it. The engine runs on its 6 cylinders but not perfectly.
I searched a lot for solutions, but i'don't find where is the problem. I tried with Arduino IDE, manual compiling firmware (global.h: INJ-6 IGNI-3) , No result.
I ended up realizing by watching led flashing that the engine is out of sync. Injection séquence is currently: 123456 whereas it should be 153624 ? like ignition ?
The ignition pairing is weird too, currently : 1-4, 2-5, 3-6 .
It'a firmware problem ? or what else ?

Thanks

Diablospeed

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?