For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By pazi88
That's normal reading. Speeduino calculates cam angle differently than stock ms41 ecu. In closed loop mode there is that setting to adjust the cam angle to 1-99 range for the vvt target map. But in open loop, the TS shows unaltered cam angle reading.
By pazi88
Krycholrc wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:56 am Thanks for reply.
Just the question, should the cam and crank sensors be RISING or FALLING?
With falling, you don't' get ignition retard at high RPM. Just check the timing with light if you change the setting. For cam use the poll-level cam decoder for faster start.
By Krycholrc
Do I understand these settings well?
Level for 1st phase is High?

EDIT: Ok, I tested these settings, everything is fine.

Another problem that happened to me was that the speedometer does not work on the speeduino. Anyone faced with such a problem?
Attachments
Bez tytułu.png
Bez tytułu.png (35.84 KiB) Viewed 5747 times
By Stroomann
Hi,

Having installed this to my '97 E39 I've really enjoyed the easy integration of the PnP system, but it's not quite perfect. The missing consumption meter reading on the cluster has caught my attention.
I was wondering if the STM32 "bluepill" and MCP 2551 CAN transceiver combo (as seen in M52TU/M54 PnP board) could be used to communicate consumption over CAN to the cluster. Looking at M52TU/M54 PnP schematics it seems that it shouldn't be too hard to implement. All this is assuming that CAN communicating protocol is same in M52 and in M52TU/M54 clusters. Has anyone tinkered around with this?
By pazi88
Krycholrc wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:56 am Do I understand these settings well?
Level for 1st phase is High?

EDIT: Ok, I tested these settings, everything is fine.

Another problem that happened to me was that the speedometer does not work on the speeduino. Anyone faced with such a problem?
Speeduino shouldn't affect speedo. And high should be correct setting, but I haven't verified it.
By pazi88
Stroomann wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:08 am Hi,

Having installed this to my '97 E39 I've really enjoyed the easy integration of the PnP system, but it's not quite perfect. The missing consumption meter reading on the cluster has caught my attention.
I was wondering if the STM32 "bluepill" and MCP 2551 CAN transceiver combo (as seen in M52TU/M54 PnP board) could be used to communicate consumption over CAN to the cluster. Looking at M52TU/M54 PnP schematics it seems that it shouldn't be too hard to implement. All this is assuming that CAN communicating protocol is same in M52 and in M52TU/M54 clusters. Has anyone tinkered around with this?
In older e39, e36 and so on there is special fuel consumption signal from stock ecu. It's kinda modified injector pulse signal that you could replicate. But there isn't free timers available on mega to do that, and no idea how difficult it would be to actually replicate that signal.

Only the newer e39 (m52tu/m54) has CAN bus instrument cluster and in that the fuel consumption signal is in the can bus.
By Krycholrc
Today I installed ms41 and the speedometer works, does not work on speeduino :/
I looked at the diagrams and the speed signal goes from the ASC / ABS module (I only have ABS).
I noticed that the ECU connects with several pins to this module.
Maybe the module does not provide speed feedback without other parameters?
Pin 15 of course the "speed signal" and pin 45 is "throttle pos".
Attachments
schemat.png
schemat.png (25.32 KiB) Viewed 5635 times
By pazi88
Nope. The abs/asc works standalone and doesn't require feedback signals. In e36 the speed signal comes directly from rear diff and it sends out the speed signal to ms41. Or ms41 uses speed signal from abs on later models. But vss is a bit experimental feature still and I haven't tested that in newer e36/e39/e38. I currently only have e30 to test and vss works fine in that.
By NickZ
on my e36 the diff speed sender goes directly to the cluster and doesn't need the ecu as the cluster does the conversion to square wave, there is a vss output from the cluster that you can connect to speeduino and it works fine. I have full functioning speed readout on my speeduino data logging
blitzbox

12v is unusual. You could probe it using 5v and se[…]

Hello to everyone! I am starting this thread beca[…]

STM32 development

Do you mean the "full clean" com[…]

The Max9926 or A2 , Is there anything else i wou[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?