For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By andrezbim
NickZ wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:37 am
andrezbim wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:36 pm 4) I am adding a 3.5" tft lcd through serail3 using the plug TX RX connections and it seems to be working well. Would you like information about my setup to add detail for those wanting a separate interface?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MzDRNZwmgv1HM1UJ8
I would love some more detail on your Display. Maybe you could add the topic on how you have done it.
For sure let me put something together once it's fully tested.
By pazi88
andrezbim wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:29 pm Recommendations for new rev -
-surface mount baro, and chips were NOT easy to solder. Maybe you have a trick, but I would very much prefer a thru hole design unless you're intending this for outsourced assembly.
-knock sensor provisions
-teensy for speed and board space
Those are really easy and fast to solder, if you just add flux to the pads on the board, place the component with tweezers and wipe the legs with the soldering iron tip that has small amount of solder on it. Like here: https://youtu.be/hoLf8gvvXXU?t=510

The reason for those being SMD is that there just isn't any room on the board to use through hole components for those. The whole 6-cyl sequential adaptation was only possible by changing idle, boost and VVT outputs to use those SMD components. Those save space from 4 to220 fets from the board. For through hole only, there is still rev1.4 which is fully working design.

Knock sensor related things will probably come after speedyknock is ready. Don't really know what all connectivity it needs, so I'm waiting for final release.

And instead of Teensy, I have been working on this Mega replacement board that uses STM32F407 processor. It's full plug in replacement on these boards designed by me and should work on any v0.4 board too. With that, you can run full 6-cyl sequential on rev2.x BMW PnP boards.
By Vauhtivaunu
I just say. These Pazi88´s boards are not the first soldering hobby. If you want to tinker you should do some so called practise works before. I´ve soldered megasquirts for 16 years now and it is easy to assemble these boards now. Though no way I´ve tried these for my first diy-ecu assemblies.

If I´d in beginning of my learning, I´d try to assemble basic speeduino 0.4.3 or 0.3 board first and try to get that work.

These Pazi 88´s PnP`s are just amazing thing considering this is just DIY-enviroment, but it needs some self-education.

This is not just something one puts together in a weekend without learning or experience. :ugeek:
By andrezbim
pazi88 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:07 pm
-surface mount baro, and chips were NOT easy to solder. Maybe you have a trick, but I would very much prefer a thru hole design unless you're intending this for outsourced assembly.
-knock sensor provisions
Those are really easy and fast to solder, if you just add flux to the pads on the board, place the component with tweezers and wipe the legs with the soldering iron tip that has small amount of solder on it. Like here: https://youtu.be/hoLf8gvvXXU?t=510
Great thanks for the solder tip, my first time trying that exercise was successful but that technique would have been better. I will try that on the next one - probably your rev2.2. I understand the reasoning. Excited about your STM32!
By Julien Hilaire
Hi,

very good project and very good job ;) .

To my point of view of "MSII+PCB3.0" user's, it's an excelent compromise of uses THT and SMD components + Mega Arduino or STM32.

Kind regards, Julien.
By andrezbim
-knock sensor provisions
And instead of Teensy, I have been working on this Mega replacement board that uses STM32F407 processor. It's full plug in replacement on these boards designed by me and should work on any v0.4 board too. With that, you can run full 6-cyl sequential on rev2.x BMW PnP boards.
I would like to acquire one of these STM32F407 mega boards assembled, so I can run full sequential, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Do you have any available?
By pazi88
andrezbim wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:42 pm I would like to acquire one of these STM32F407 mega boards assembled, so I can run full sequential, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Do you have any available?
Not yet. I will verify few more things in this design to make sure it's all ok hardware wise for future Speeduino features and then order first batch for sale. The design has been ready to run engine for over half a year, but I have been hunting down small problems one by one. I would say that those should be available within a month.

By curtis12321
-knock sensor provisions

The reason for those being SMD is that there just isn't any room on the board to use through hole components for those. The whole 6-cyl sequential adaptation was only possible by changing idle, boost and VVT outputs to use those SMD components. Those save space from 4 to220 fets from the board. For through hole only, there is still rev1.4 which is fully working design.

Knock sensor related things will probably come after speedyknock is ready. Don't really know what all connectivity it needs, so I'm waiting for final release.

Any way to make this 8 cylinder fuel sequential capable for the M60 and M62 boards?
By Dzeerve
Hi! i have a problem with making cam sensor to work properly. so i am trying to run rev 2.1 in semi seqeuntial mode with ms41 stock sensor, but ecu doesnt get any feedback from cam sensor. set JP1 to 5v as ms41 sensor works on 5v but car idles very badly and ecu doesnt sees cam info. went thru speeduino schemes and 88pin connector pinout and found out that pin 65 should be +5v from jp1 and pin 64 should be cam ground or input. went to actually measure voltage on pin 65, everythin fine there, +5v coming out of it, but the problem is that also pin64 gets +5v even tho it should be cam sensor input.any suggestions where to look for any solution?

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?