For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By pazi88
I did butcher out the 88pin connector from the original PCB:

On to the new PCB and also the to220 packages. I did'n find where all my ISL9V IGBT's were so only two is mounted.

Fits like a glove.

Of course I need to add few notches to the the casing for the usb, external header and map sensor.

All the to220 packages will be clamped down using the original hardware. I'm just missing the insulation pad under.
By pazi88
Assembled:

Case modified and pcb fitted:

For next revision I will move the map and mega inwards more so that I don't need to cut that big holes to the case. Bit still it's fine as is.

And I did found one actual problem in addition to the cosmetic tweaks. The silk screen for D16 was backwards, which caused whole thing to not power on and the 5v regulator heated quite a lot. I swapped the d16 right way around and also replaced the regulator just in case. After that all seems to work fine. I just need to test this in car.
By Broke4speed
Terrific, thank you :). I'll wait until you say it's good to go before building anything. I don't have a BMW, but I really like the form factor and the ability to use a Bosch pigtail. It's VERY easy to get MS41/2/3 ecus from the junkyards up here :). I could also get rid of the bosch power stages running my waste COPs, which would clean up the wiring.
By pazi88
Broke4speed wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:21 pm Terrific, thank you :). I'll wait until you say it's good to go before building anything. I don't have a BMW, but I really like the form factor and the ability to use a Bosch pigtail. It's VERY easy to get MS41/2/3 ecus from the junkyards up here :). I could also get rid of the bosch power stages running my waste COPs, which would clean up the wiring.
Yeah those are quite easily achievable currently :D But here is now the rev1.1 PCB that has the fixes included: https://easyeda.com/editor#id=d1ec37977 ... 2a90f4a4d0

And BOM available here. It's mostly same as regular 0.4.3 but few additions here and there: https://easyeda.com/account/project/att ... 75bd4e8c33

I will now freeze the changes for that PCB and started working on rev1.2 For that I will move things around so that less cutting of the case is needed. And also add baro sensor option, because I heard from janithdg that it's quite mandatory feature in some places and support for it seems to be already implemented.
By janithdg
:)
this could come in handy for many budget m52 engine swappers
think mpxh6115 will be ideal for baro correction with its resolution and packaging size
By Leadfoot
Nice work,
This may be just what I need for my 20B Mazda rotary. I need 6 ignition and 6 injector drivers too.

I read through the thread but did not see where or how the code changes were made to define the additional outputs. Maybe that’s already configurable in Tuner Studio?, I’m new to Speeduino.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?