For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By Krycholrc
The case was resolved. In my e36 there was a swap and the signal to the ecu was connected from the wrong place, everything works under the disconnection.
The correct pin in the cluster will probably be pin 2, connector X17. I will connect it and let me know if it works :)
By Kalns
pazi88 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:21 am Nope. The abs/asc works standalone and doesn't require feedback signals. In e36 the speed signal comes directly from rear diff and it sends out the speed signal to ms41. Or ms41 uses speed signal from abs on later models. But vss is a bit experimental feature still and I haven't tested that in newer e36/e39/e38. I currently only have e30 to test and vss works fine in that.
Is there any modification to ecu needed to read vss signal for M42 setup ?
Or should I be able to just enable it and go ?
By Kalns
NickZ wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:39 am you shouldn't need to mod anything, the cluster outputs a square wave speed signal.
What i ment is,does the m40/50/60 board v2.3 has this vss input, or i have to install sensor or do some other stuff to get it working ?
Or just simply enable feature and calibrate ?
By pazi88
Kalns wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:43 am
NickZ wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:39 am you shouldn't need to mod anything, the cluster outputs a square wave speed signal.
What i ment is,does the m40/50/60 board v2.3 has this vss input, or i have to install sensor or do some other stuff to get it working ?
The m50 etc. Board design doesn't have built in vss input, because in those cars, the vss wire is not yet in place. Although you could run the wire from instrument cluster, but you also need to build the circuitry for it too.
By Kalns
pazi88 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:00 am
Kalns wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:43 am
The m50 etc. Board design doesn't have built in vss input, because in those cars, the vss wire is not yet in place. Although you could run the wire from instrument cluster, but you also need to build the circuitry for it too.
Routing a wire would not be a problem, nor the circuit it self.. I am looking for circuit schematic and cannot find anything.. should it be just like simple input protection and thats it ? like for flexfuel or simple analog input ?
By pazi88
Kalns wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:52 am

Routing a wire would not be a problem, nor the circuit it self.. I am looking for circuit schematic and cannot find anything.. should it be just like simple input protection and thats it ? like for flexfuel or simple analog input ?
Check the m52 PnP schematic as example. You need voltage divider and protection diode.
By assane
Hello, is it possible to use this ecu for m54 e46? I would get rid of the electronic throttle. I wonder what the matter with the meter looks like? And some other details. Any of you doing something like that? I know there is an ecu under m54 but I have one free m52 and would like to use it in my e46.
By Dochka
Hi,
I've assembled the latest M52 Version 2.2 Black board with the components like listed on the BOM Excel sheet,
Installed the latest 202202 firmware using PlatformIO and modified the Inj Channel to 6 and Ign Channels to 3 to run sequential...
Under Test Mode I get all the LED's to blink and the Injectors Clicking, also All the LED's for the Ignition Outputs illuminate but the Ignition Coils doesn't Fire :x
I also get all the sensor inputs correct, like RPM, TPS, MAP, BARO, BATT Voltage except Coolant and Air Temp showing 215 and if I try calibrating them, I get Error "Null" under "Thermistor Calibration" in Tuner Studio
Fuel Pump also primes and the IAC Works
I tried changing one of the Igniters inside the board to a "Bosch" one from Megasquirt with the same problem... No Spark :evil:
Also tried a logic ignition coil from a Nissan VQ35 engine, doesn't spark...
I can't understand why I have no spark if I get RPM and all the LED's are blinking
I've got the exact same issue with another board, the M50 Version 2.3 Black Board also...

Please help :cry:
Thank You
By pazi88
Dochka wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:42 pm Hi,
I've assembled the latest M52 Version 2.2 Black board with the components like listed on the BOM Excel sheet,
Installed the latest 202202 firmware using PlatformIO and modified the Inj Channel to 6 and Ign Channels to 3 to run sequential...
Under Test Mode I get all the LED's to blink and the Injectors Clicking, also All the LED's for the Ignition Outputs illuminate but the Ignition Coils doesn't Fire :x
I also get all the sensor inputs correct, like RPM, TPS, MAP, BARO, BATT Voltage except Coolant and Air Temp showing 215 and if I try calibrating them, I get Error "Null" under "Thermistor Calibration" in Tuner Studio
Fuel Pump also primes and the IAC Works
I tried changing one of the Igniters inside the board to a "Bosch" one from Megasquirt with the same problem... No Spark :evil:
Also tried a logic ignition coil from a Nissan VQ35 engine, doesn't spark...
I can't understand why I have no spark if I get RPM and all the LED's are blinking
I've got the exact same issue with another board, the M50 Version 2.3 Black Board also...

Please help :cry:
Thank You
You have some weird component problem. And that null error while calibrating is resolved in newer TS version.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?