For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
Mr_Hypnotic wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:03 pm That is exciting! 8-) 8-)
All those SMD parts! How do you solder those tiny parts?
Most would use hot air. With so many parts; some would also order a stencil to apply the solder paste if hand-soldering with air (example: https://www.oshstencils.com/). Other common methods such as toaster ovens or hot plates can work well, but usually take a couple tries to dial-in; so if doing one or very few boards, air tends to be the go-to. Once set-up and familiar with SMD/SMT, it is as-easy or easier than through-hole stuff, except for perhaps a few of the really small or fine-pin parts. Still very do-able at home.

However, the goal is that once designs are finalized, then they are typically assembled by the PCB manufacturer or a professional PCB assembly house and delivered with some or all components installed and tested. The Speeduino PnP and NO4C series ECMs, most VR signal conditioner modules, and even your Arduino are a few examples of this.

David
Bad news: the SCG ECU 1.0 was burned down. because I used pin mapping on the schematic diagram to connect the wires. The schematic is mirrored with the actual connector, so the power supply is connected to the wrong pin and caused the external circuit to burn out

Good news: the SCG ECU 1.0 has two power supply circuits, I finally completed the test with the help of USB power supply. It works very well. TPS IAT CLT sensor ,injector and ignition coil has been tested offline with the sensor.
and the crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor directly tested on the vehicle (share the sensor with the factory ECU).

I am very satisfied with this design. especially internal and external power supply design and short circuit protection. it's great!
Next, I will fix it and make a complete harness.Then installed in the car

Finally, thanks to @dvjcodec for sharing such a good design. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
log.png
log.png (80.41 KiB) Viewed 19268 times
IMG_20190606_215852R.jpg
IMG_20190606_215852R.jpg (2.87 MiB) Viewed 19268 times
IMG_20190606_214644R.jpg
IMG_20190606_214644R.jpg (3.62 MiB) Viewed 19268 times
Damn, sorry for my mistake :( I will fix in free time. Thank you for sharing news from tests. I have a very busy month, so tests of my board unfinished yet :( Need to finish 2 cars for customers, then find time for my own cars.
Ryan, is latest Speeduino firmware? Did U made some changes to run all in and outs?
dvjcodec wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:15 pm Damn, sorry for my mistake :( I will fix in free time. Thank you for sharing news from tests. I have a very busy month, so tests of my board unfinished yet :( Need to finish 2 cars for customers, then find time for my own cars.
Ryan, is latest Speeduino firmware? Did U made some changes to run all in and outs?

yes .tested with the latest firmware from
https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/ ... master.zip
,and i changed code to fit pin mapping
Great, that you got it working. Do you have some information on the firmware you are running on the Teensy (modified pin mapping?) and the pin configurations you are running in TS (modified .ini file?) My board is running as well, but I'm having problems with IAT and CLT and other measurements. Teensy is getting them, when I'm trying the individual analog channels with custom scripts, but I can not get them to work with TS.

thx, Frank
Important FIX to keep all mosfets open - add 12 pcs 10K resistors between signals to both 4504 and GND.
Without this update all mostet's outs are CLOSED wher power on

Add TEST PROGRAM to github
https://github.com/dvjcodec/SCG-ECU-1.0 ... cg_ecu_1_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRSl01D4Sjg
Attachments
IMG_20190616_151724.jpg
IMG_20190616_151724.jpg (53.91 KiB) Viewed 18987 times
IMG_20190616_151637.jpg
IMG_20190616_151637.jpg (55.26 KiB) Viewed 18987 times

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?