For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By turboedge
Ceeloo Yello wrote:Not really a big thing but I noticed in the BOM that JP2, JP3 & JP4 are incorrect. It ends up ok though in the end.
I think I see what you are talking about, and I have an explanation. During the v0.2.0s development I renumbered the jumpers to be consistent with the official boards. This way the information about the jumper numbers for VR/hall on the wiki would be the same and hopefully more straight forward for everyone. However I did not think to update them in the BOM. I will correct this and post an update.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Weaver
By Ceeloo Yello
Yes I probably should have phrased it differently. Since i'm still waiting for half of my parts to come in I decided to look at the pin outs in anticipation of creating a wiring harness and I noticed that your design of the board uses only 1 pin per injector vs the base board which uses 2 pins per injector, was this done just to save space?
By turboedge
Ceeloo Yello wrote:Yes I probably should have phrased it differently.
We aren't all poets. I surely am not. ;)
The issue has been corrected.
Ceeloo Yello wrote: I noticed that your design of the board uses only 1 pin per injector vs the base board which uses 2 pins per injector, was this done just to save space?
No. I think you are comparing it to a 0.4.x board which has relatively small output pins and wiring, that is why it has two connections per injector channel. The 3mm/Micro-fit connections used on the NO2C v0.2.0 and above have a load rating of 5A per terminal and can accept 20AWG wires, which should be enough to drive 2 injectors per channel without trouble.

Weaver
By Ceeloo Yello
That's good to know, I've been looking around the forums but haven't seen too much input from people who are using NO2C, so hopefully some of this might help others.
By turboedge
Ceeloo Yello wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:57 am That's good to know, I've been looking around the forums but haven't seen too much input from people who are using NO2C, so hopefully some of this might help others.
It is not an official board, so there are not nearly as many of them out there. That said I would not be surprised if the NO2C is third in line behind the two official units. I have probably sent out close to 50 between the two versions release so far, and I know that some people have had them made from the gerber files I posted.

Ask away, you are probably right, I will do my best to answer all the questions you have.

Weaver
By Bleeker
Hi Weaver,

I have customized the NO2C for my requirements and have a few questions regarding the PCB Design, should I open a new Thread or can I post it here?
My Board will have no onboard MAP Sensor and a included VR conditioner, biggest change is the PCB mounted Connector which gets directly fixed to the enclosure.
By turboedge
Hi Bleeker,

Here is fine or start a new one, I mind not either way. I'd love to see/hear what you have done. :D

FYI: I totally endorse using a panel/enclosure mount connector with the original design and in such a case you could also use an external MAP sensor. Also, there is a strong possibility future versions of the NO PCBs will include VR conditioning without the use of an add-on module, but I will confess that is probably a ways out.

Weaver
Ignition Angle doubled?

+1, distributor is being used as crank position, s[…]

Dude, use whatever you think will work best, or wh[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there wa[…]

Peugeot 205 rallye

Controller egt and oil temp

Still can't find what you're looking for?