Speeduino is now on Github Sponsors (Rather than Patreon): https://github.com/sponsors/noisymime
For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By Luizov
I am making the rev1.4 for m42 engine now and I have one question. In BOM C1,C3,C5,C7,C9,C13,C15 are with 20% tolerance but I solderd with 10% (just saw too late they need to be 20%) is it a problem or I have to resolder them with 20% ?
By pazi88
rcrpaul wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:47 pm
No problem going with capacitors that have a tighter tolerance.
Yeah. The BOM is more like recommendation what to use. The components don't need to be exactly what is in the BOM. Equivalent or better other components are fine.
By Luizov
I have one more question. Looking at the board (rev1.4) and at vr conditioner's board (v3.1) it seems like vr2+ and vr2- are with swaped positions - on the speeduino board they are /vr1-,vr1+,vr2-, vr2+/, and on the vr conditioner they are /vr1-,vr1+,vr2+, vr2-/. Is it just wrong text on the speeduino board, or I need to swap the terminals?
By rcrpaul
assane wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:44 am

no diodes d2 d5 d6 and d7. what should be there?
Wow, so the stock mounting blocks AND the heatsink clips can be used with Pazi's board? I'm at that stage of assembly now.
Did you solder the TO-220 FETs all the way down into the board, or up a bit on the shoulder of the leads?

Note to Pazi: the D18 diode fits nicely under the 88-pin connector I got from Aliexpress, but D20 interferes with the little plastic pin guide. Easily fixed by clipping off a finger on the guide.
By pazi88
Luizov wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:51 am
I have one more question. Looking at the board (rev1.4) and at vr conditioner's board (v3.1) it seems like vr2+ and vr2- are with swaped positions - on the speeduino board they are /vr1-,vr1+,vr2-, vr2+/, and on the vr conditioner they are /vr1-,vr1+,vr2+, vr2-/. Is it just wrong text on the speeduino board, or I need to swap the terminals?
Sorry error in silkscreen. Fixed now.
rcrpaul wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:09 am
assane wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:44 am

no diodes d2 d5 d6 and d7. what should be there?
Wow, so the stock mounting blocks AND the heatsink clips can be used with Pazi's board? I'm at that stage of assembly now.
Did you solder the TO-220 FETs all the way down into the board, or up a bit on the shoulder of the leads?

Note to Pazi: the D18 diode fits nicely under the 88-pin connector I got from Aliexpress, but D20 interferes with the little plastic pin guide. Easily fixed by clipping off a finger on the guide.
Yes the fets are meant to be mounted with the original case hardware for heat dissipation. And yes I know it can interfere a little, but there is no really room to move it. So that clipping is required.

There is now rev. 2.3 in my GitHub: https://github.com/pazi88/Speeduino-M5x ... /Rev%202.3

Thanks to vauhtivaunu pointing out that I have been missing ground for pin71 all this time. It mainly affects m60 sensors, so if you are having sensor ground issue with m60, scrape some solder mask off near the pin 71 and solder the pin to ground plane. In rev 2.3 the issue is fixed and also the JP1 is added for m60 silkscreen. There is also few really minor adjustments in rev2.3 but no new features.

I also received messages that this board also works with s38b38 (not b36) when using the m50nv configuration.
By Luizov
Luizov wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:50 pm
Ok, I just finished my board. When I connectred it to pc with the usb cable LED8 Illuminated, is it normal or I've done bridge somewhere?
Problem solved! It was defective Arduino board - 2 pins were bridged, I desoldered them and now everythig looks OK.

for hall the VR1+ should read +5 volts. VR1- is no[…]

Jaguar V12 second edition

I believe more and more on a software issue. Speed[…]

You should be able to use PWM using the VVT tabl[…]

retroject flooding

sounds like you might have some pin misconfigurati[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?