For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By Old Grey
Not much work has been done with opto boards simply because nearly nobody runs fuel inj only.

dazq has his running, but as far as I know no other ones have been run/tested.

EDIT - NEW DOWNLOAD PAGE 3 -
Last edited by Old Grey on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By PSIG
The opto boards were designed to be the 'standard' input, as they are suitable for all signals except VR.

David
By NickZ
Im running my own opto boards on 3 of my Speeduinos in cars. I use them just as a isolator, but im only using 5v input pulse, but better safe than sorry.
By PSIG
Most of the schematics and values are in the Trigger Input thread. There are a couple others specific to inputs scattered about (JBPerf replacement, Golf VR4 thread, etc.), including the opto and MAX99xx schematics in the Speeduino code download. It would be helpful to consolidate and summarize them in one location. Is that what you're working on?
David
By NickZ
Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 10.09.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 10.09.28 AM.png (263.61 KiB) Viewed 8213 times
(16.45 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
This handles upto 14v happly, not for use with coil side ignition, you would have to beef up the input resistor for that.
By Old Grey
PSIG wrote:Most of the schematics and values are in the Trigger Input thread. There are a couple others specific to inputs scattered about (JBPerf replacement, Golf VR4 thread, etc.), including the opto and MAX99xx schematics in the Speeduino code download. It would be helpful to consolidate and summarize them in one location. Is that what you're working on?
David
Exactly. I put in as many values as I could find - I went through the 3 threads - in the Sch of my Fritz but the different sources are different and some aren't complete, hence why I wanted to consolidate it for prosperity.

Thanks NickZ.
Last edited by Old Grey on Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By dazq
You could do the pcb to support both diagrans as follows
Nicks c4 and c2 is an option onto mine if you wanted
And if you made a link between r2 and c3/pin 1 this could be replaced by my zener if you chose?
Obviously values can differ as long as you use a pin spacing big enough to support the largest packaged device.
By Old Grey
New download with NickZ

I moved things around so similar parts are in the same place for conformity, and they are kind-of pretty similar.

EDIT _ NEW DOWNLOAD PAGE 3 -.
Last edited by Old Grey on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By NickZ
My schematics are ugly, Im a messy person.
i only look at the end result the board.
20160627_181740.jpg
20160627_181740.jpg (365.84 KiB) Viewed 8176 times
I don't have an assembled unit to take a picture.

I've been away from playing cars for a few weeks, […]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wo[…]

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?