For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
Mouch wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:14 am This is on the gpio.

Both units are running and working through TS.
Just can't get communication between the 2 ...
Ok that's a good start ,at least you know that part is good.

What do you have for the speedy and gpio Comms/address settings ?
Mouch wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:28 am I now have both the GPIO and the Speedy connected to USB on my laptop, is this ground enough to let it function or should I put a wire between one of the ground pins on both devices?

Can this be the reason for the connection problem?
As previously mentioned in other posts you MUST have a common ground between the two megas
Ok so I made a little progress...

Connected both of the grounds and power supply through the speedy port (J3).
Next I enabled CANBUS on both devices.

Next I generated a rondom gauge on the speedy to read AN0 from the GPIO and their came a reading from 326 on the gauge.
But I am reading 668 on the GPIO.
Sometimes it flips from 0 to 6000 and then is stable again.

Tried a couple of specs further....

It made it 668 with the 3.3V suplly on the GPIO connecting to AN0 - 15 Nothing changed the value on the speedy gauge.
Disconnected the serial3 on the GPIO and the signal was lost, so I know it's recieving something ;)
Connected it to the other serials and the speedy didn't recieve any signal.

So basically I know speedy is recieving some data but it doesn't respond to a change through the analog input.
How to go on from this stage?
@Dazq any suggestions?
When you say enabled canbus do you mean can commands in properties?

This actually DOES NoT enable canbus but just the extended command set TS uses for various aux data so actually needs to be enabled even when not using can (reasons vary) . It is a poor name but not of our choice :-( .

It sounds like you are connected , I need to review what your settings were, I will take a look later when I get a bit more time
Mouch wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:53 am Maybe software issues? Should I try installing older software from Speeduino on which you tested it?
Currently running Speeduino 202202...
Looking over this thread it looks like you are set ok now.
I also took a glance over both the gpio and speedy code and it does also look ok too
It seems odd the response you are getting, I haven't personally checked data into speedy for some time and a lot has been done since then.
I am going to have to have a deeper look .
I think I had a similar result, it was just showing the port address on the gauge.
I suspect something in newer versions of speeduino has become broken since the GPIO STD was released. I tried it on a mega2560 based speedy and an stm32 based one as well, same exact results.

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?