For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By HunterS628
Hey guys. I am starting a thread here now that this board is in the testing phase. I will link the thread coming up with this idea below but here is the basic rundown. I needed a small, and extremely accurate cam position sensor for my current build. I couldn't find anything commercially available I decided to build my own. This uses a GMR sensor that is accurate to 10,000 RPM on super tiny teeth. This sensor can read teeth from 0.2mm in width all the way up to 3mm in width. There is a Demo video that I linked in Post 8 of the original thread if you want to check it out. The board is just under 1/2 inch wide and just under 3/4 inch long making it easy to stick in tight places. The board take the analog output form the sensor and converts it ot a 5v square wave so no conditioner should be needed, however for testing purposes I added test pints at the sensor output to test analog input to the ecu with use of a conditioner. I currently have 10 pcbs and have ordered components to build all 10. If anyone is interested in testing please let me know and I will get a board out to you. I would like to eventually sell these if the design is useful to others! Let me know what you think!
Thanks
Hunter
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5343
Attachments
95CF7D14-950C-42F5-8321-1BB2F1505348.jpeg
95CF7D14-950C-42F5-8321-1BB2F1505348.jpeg (2.74 MiB) Viewed 5934 times
Sensor board1.png
Sensor board1.png (158.42 KiB) Viewed 5934 times
Sensor board 2.png
Sensor board 2.png (85.04 KiB) Viewed 5934 times
By Fahr451
I'm assembling a Speeduino for a Triumph 6775R engine that runs a 24-2 crank and no cam position sensor which I intend to install . Both are VR sensors and require conditioning for the Speeduino . I had adapted my MS V.3 which doesn't require conditioning but have decided to go down the Arduino IDE rabbit hole after building a blip and shift system based on an ESP32 , much easier when starting from scratch on an oddball machine. The project build is an F2 sidecar for a disabled person to race .
I hope your interested .
George
By Kalns
if you are looking for extreemly small hall sensor, then in pc fans there is one, not sure about specs since there are tons of them out there, but might be handy...
By PSIG
It isn't the size of the sensor, but the type, and it's "aperture" or effective reading focus of what it can "see". Unfortunately, the PC fan Hall sensor type is designed to read magnets, not ferrous wheel targets. The GMR sensors used here are specifically to read small ferrous targets (small wheel teeth) at high precision and speeds. This does not automatically make the GMR sensors the ultimate choice for all uses, but certain a big potential improvement over other options for this challenge, at this point. I am curious, as it appears to read really small stuff, but I do not know if it can read bigger stuff?

It may be possible to place a very tiny magnet behind the Hall to read a ferrous target in-front of the Hall (magnetic field distortion), but that would also have to be tested. Also, the placement, strength and size of the magnet would have to be determined for if that possibility could work with that particular sensor at all. I have seen other larger Hall sensors back-biased successfully, but others not. It may be worth a try! :?:

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?