For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By sevtix
Hello guys!

Will this pickup signal (variable reluctance) trigger the VR Conditioner Module?
On idle rpm its about 600mv!

By sevtix
Hi!
This measurement with the oscilloscope was without any ignition system.
It was measured directly on the pickup without any connection to anything.

When connected to the Moric CDI (existing cdi) there is no usable signal :(

Thanks!
Severin
By PSIG
Generally, most VR signal conditioners I've played with work reliably around 200mV or more. However, I see your signals are very short, so some modules may have issues seeing it as noise (filtering circuit) and some devices may suppress short signals if software filter settings are excessive. Those are my first thoughts seeing your 'scope trace. Are you wanting to share the signal with another device?
By PSIG
I meant, do you want to share your VR signal between two devices, e.g., an ignition controller and an ECM? Sharing a signal may require specific components or techniques.

Not to side-track, but your 'scope trace shows reversed polarity for most applications. You may have connected the 'scope backwards, or the sensor may be connected to the device backwards. Unless designed for reversed signal, most devices can function with a reversed signal, some cannot, or will function improperly. Speeduino is one that can function, but with different settings or weird side-effects, if connected with reversed sensor polarity. I don't know the polarity requirements of the AM6 ignition.
By sevtix
Oh Im sorry!

Wrong polarity is quite possible. I am currently on vacation. I will try it out soon!

No, I would like to connect the pickup signal directly and only to the Speeduino. I will not use any other devices

Thanks so much !
Severin
By danizichi
sevtix wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:09 am Hello guys!

Will this pickup signal (variable reluctance) trigger the VR Conditioner Module?
On idle rpm its about 600mv!

Is it a minarelli pickup? I'm actually using it with a 24-2 wheel

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?