For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
Ok let me give some more detail. I installed the 4 missing diodes, then all the missing resistors were populated with 10K 805s except R9 which was populated with a 5.1k per the latest BOM.

Oddly enough, when connected to the board the throttle body hall sensors read 1v at close and 4v at open with the pots turned all the way down. I was applying a gas pedal voltage with my adjustable power supply. Now when I give the GP pin some voltage, anything from 1-4v, nothing happens. But, if I apply more than 1v then touch the throttle plate, well you can see in the video what happens. The more voltage I apply to GP, the more open the plate is while fluctuating. The flutter does not stop unless I push the plate closed.

So, any idea what could be causing this? Note that in this picture R19 was not installed.. but I populated it with a 10k before testing.
20220519_113703.png
20220519_113703.png (6.28 MiB) Viewed 6494 times
By DStage
Could you take a foto of the left side of the board where most of resistors are? It's a bit hard to read the values and they look funny. Or you could perhaps make a list of resistor descriptors and the writing on them. Just to be sure you have them correct. I presume you've put R9 as 5k1, right?

Anyway, this looks still a bit like a problem with TPS input filter. Try removing C2 and C3.
DStage wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:53 pm Could you take a foto of the left side of the board where most of resistors are? It's a bit hard to read the values and they look funny. Or you could perhaps make a list of resistor descriptors and the writing on them. Just to be sure you have them correct. I presume you've put R9 as 5k1, right?

Anyway, this looks still a bit like a problem with TPS input filter. Try removing C2 and C3.
Here is the best picture I could get.. for some reason the camera on my microscope didn't want to work this morning so I took a picture with my phone through the eyepiece
20220520_084249.jpg
20220520_084249.jpg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 6401 times
I removed C2 and C3 and it works now kind of.. Closed voltage is 1.04v on the throttle plate. I can apply voltage to the GP pin and the plate moves.. but only after I poke it with my finger. For some reason it will not start moving unless I do this, see video below.
https://youtu.be/Jdv1kBgvWUw
By DStage
Just a quick response as I'm eating in front of the PC :lol: My idea is that maybe the fail safe kicks in at the beginning and powers down the throttle as you do not yet have a proper calibration at the moment and there may be a very slight tolerance/margin near the closed position. Then poking it moves the TPS voltage high enough to disable the fail safe.

Regarding the resistor values I will take a deeper look as they actually do look a bit strange at first glance.

Edit: I found at least 4 wrong values. And I did check, they are correct on the list when loading files to JLC site. There may be still something else wrong on the part not visible in the photo.
Last edited by DStage on Fri May 20, 2022 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DStage wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:18 pm Just a quick response as I'm eating in front of the PC :lol: My idea is that maybe the fail safe kicks in at the beginning and powers down the throttle as you do not yet have a proper calibration at the moment and there may be a very slight tolerance/margin near the closed position. Then poking it moves the TPS voltage high enough to disable the fail safe.

Regarding the resistor values I will take a deeper look as they actually do look a bit strange at first glance.
That would make a lot of sense! I am very close to 1v at close.. it may actually be less than 1v. I will play with it more on my lunch break and see what I can find out. I may take the throttle pedal out of my car also to give it a test
By DStage
I found at least 4 wrong values. And I did check, they are correct on the list when loading files to JLC site. There may be still something else wrong on the part not visible in the photo. Those values affect the input filters mainly so it may or may not have an impact in your current simple test setup but still I think this is enough to at least send a complain to JLCPCB. Especially that you cannot be confident about capacitors values and those are much harder to check.
Attachments
JLC wrong resistors.jpg
JLC wrong resistors.jpg (281.16 KiB) Viewed 6381 times

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?