For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
Are you using a max9926?

It's my understanding that it cannot have any inputs greater than VCC, or 5V. To keep this restriction it has internal clamp diodes that will shunt any extra voltage away from the IC. For this to be possible, it needs series resistors inline with the signal otherwise it would just explode. Seems these are most often 10K. At 250V, you'd be passing ~25mA through the protection diodes.

If you look at the datasheet and absolute max ratings there's a +/-40mA limit into the VR input pins. In other words, I do not think it will be an issue when using a MAX9926. That's more or less what it is meant to do. You could swap to 20K series resistors to halve the current again, but then it might not pick up on low RPM stuff.
moonie223 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:15 pm Are you using a max9926?

It's my understanding that it cannot have any inputs greater than VCC, or 5V. To keep this restriction it has internal clamp diodes that will shunt any extra voltage away from the IC. For this to be possible, it needs series resistors inline with the signal otherwise it would just explode. Seems these are most often 10K. At 250V, you'd be passing ~25mA through the protection diodes.

If you look at the datasheet and absolute max ratings there's a +/-40mA limit into the VR input pins. In other words, I do not think it will be an issue when using a MAX9926. That's more or less what it is meant to do. You could swap to 20K series resistors to halve the current again, but then it might not pick up on low RPM stuff.
I havent bought the VR conditioner yet as i didnt know my engine has a VR sensor
Hi there, If you are using a regular 4efe with a distributor, then the resolution will be quite low.
they have 4 teeth and no missing tooth

i would recommend finding a different source for a crank trigger, for instance a 4efe DIS oilpump, crank angle sensor and timing belt sprockets, that setup gives you a 36-2 trigger and is gauranteed to work :)

If you really want to use the stock dizzy then you might be able to modify it, as far as im aware those dizzy's have 2 vr sensors in series, they both trigger at the same time and they are meant to amplify each other, if you rewire it internaly to use 1 sensor, then your voltage will halve i think.

-Gary
Experion wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:03 pm Hi there, If you are using a regular 4efe with a distributor, then the resolution will be quite low.
they have 4 teeth and no missing tooth

i would recommend finding a different source for a crank trigger, for instance a 4efe DIS oilpump, crank angle sensor and timing belt sprockets, that setup gives you a 36-2 trigger and is gauranteed to work :)

If you really want to use the stock dizzy then you might be able to modify it, as far as im aware those dizzy's have 2 vr sensors in series, they both trigger at the same time and they are meant to amplify each other, if you rewire it internaly to use 1 sensor, then your voltage will halve i think.

-Gary
What kind of problems the low resolution and dual sensors bring?
Experion wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:29 pm It seemed like the high sensor voltage was an issue but maybe i misunderstood that.
If it is a problem then using either one of the sensors lowers the voltage.

as for the low resolution, that might cause inacurate timing and doesnt allow sequential injection

-Gary
From what i understand the high voltage will be fine with the VR conditioner. Ill see if there are timing errors and then look at a additional sensor.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?