For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By toastbrot
This dual VR conditioner module is a no-gimmicks representation of the MAX9926 reference circuit.
Dual VR Conditioner minimal 1.1_white BG_600.png
Dual VR Conditioner minimal 1.1_white BG_600.png (56.21 KiB) Viewed 4827 times
The PCB has a clean and simple quasi-one-layer layout (with only a ground plane on the back) and measures circa 20 x 20 mm.
IMG_8696_600.jpg
IMG_8696_600.jpg (88.56 KiB) Viewed 4827 times
The pinout matches the VR socket on Speeduino boards. It is very similar and functionally equivalent to a few boards out there, but doesn't provide an option for shunt resistors on the inputs (like e.g. Josh Stewart's design does).

For more information check out the GitHub repo.
By DStage
pazi88 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:57 am Why? What's the advantage? I can only see disadvantage, because you have placed the decoupling really far away of the chip, when those should be as close as possible.
You're asking me why toast shape? Take a look at the upper left corner of the PCB and the authors nick name ;-)

As for the capacitors I would generally agree although those with higher capacitance may be placed a bit further (lower frequencies, less problems with trace inductance). I'd say C3 and C2 would be better off being closer for example between IC and connector. I can understand the aesthetics being a priority here though ;-)
By PSIG
I think @pazi88 was addressing the OP as to why. While small, the board also offers no other advantages such as shunt options on the Speeduino Store version, or diagnostic LEDs like the MiniMAX-A2. Those features are not "gimmicks". I don't think anyone is being being critical here but looking at constructive criticism, which always asks pazi's question of "why?". What need does it fill and does it do it better? Everyone has their own answer, and I assume the OP was asking for them ;)

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?