For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By PSIG
I'm not seeing that trend, with hundreds of listings for Asian sensors (Bosch sensor elements put into Asian housings, cabling and connectors) for $22-$40, or originals (wherever they're assembling them today) still at $55-$75. As it is a "required" part for those original applications to run properly, they should be around for a good while. The predecessor L1H1 is only now becoming difficult, and that's 20 years older with far fewer OEM applications, but most of the production bought-up for 1st gen shop diagnostic machines. You have a valid question, but if you're concerned, buy a 4-pack for under $90 and you're set for quite a while. :lol: The 4.9 isn't very far behind.

That said, if acquiring LSU4.2/17014 is a concern in your area, the 14Point7 Spartan2 and SLC OEM 4.9 are $35 and $45 respectively, or the SLC Free2 with cabling, connectors, case and display at $45. 8-) @dazq, same question for piping the info from the 14Point7 units to TS for display? Different info from those, but we could still use calibration or warmup indicators.

David
By dazq
126p wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:15 pm There is no much data about this controller in the Internet, so this is my small update:
The controller is preconfigured to Gasoline, AFR: 9.0-19.0.
It looks like the only step required for this wideband is a open air calibration.
To do this it is enough to make a serial connection (9600N1). One thing worth to note is that there is a second ground on PCB - it can't be used for serial communication, it is for noise fitering capacitor.
So we need to:
1. Connect the LSU 4.2 probe to controller (do not put the probe on flamable materials, the probe will became hot when you connect the controller to the power source)
2. Connect power source to controller (check polarity twice. One time I did it wrong and the controller started to burn. Fortunatelly it is still working. I thing that some kind of protection 4A diode would be a good solution)
3. Connect Serial Console (9600N1) to GND and Digital pins of the controller
4. Turn the power source on
To read the data Arduino Studio could be used. The data read is a HEX value, its need to be converted to DEC value.
After a we will receive BE(190) value, that means that controller is ready.
Now we can use attached magnet, just put it close to the sensor on PCB and hold it.
The values should change in seqence, 6 elements in a loop. On 6 change, release the magnet, calibration should start.
After about 10s we will receive BE(190) value again. If something goes wrong, we can erase our setup by holding the magnet near sensor during power on.

@dazq
Thank you for your effort. Because I don't have LCD and LCD library, and because I'm lazy, I commented out LCD logic in your code and I was only using serial output in Arduino Studio.
Generaly the program works similar to my findings above.
One thing which I saw during testing is that menu was working correctly only for first loop (I mean, that I have text values for the first loop of menu items, starting for next loop, there were numerical values)

This is my design for 3D printed case for the controller: https://www.tinkercad.com/things/ilfHMz ... tastic-kup
It's big enough for controller and 3300uF/35V noise filtering capacitor.
I coat it with transparent acrilic spray. I used rubber from old bike tube to make it water proof near cables (you need to make a 2 pieces of small 22-23mmx8mm rectangle, make 5 holes in one part (for probe), 3 in second (2 for power source, 1 for signal))
Some comments about the above.
Point3, the data is 9600n1 yes but Inverted! That's why I use the softserial as it's tricky to read inverted on hardware serial.
Point4 the data is sent in simple whole bytes, eg 190 is 19.0afr , 90 is 9.0afr etc.
The calibration sequence is I'm afraid somewhat more complex, it sends a succession of data , if you see my code you can see this and the steps I took to decide this to ensure I could show which step you are at.
Remember you can set the other values too or change to a different fuel type if you wanted.

One point here if you do change fuel type the output is still as afr regardless.

Not sure what this bit meant.
One thing which I saw during testing is that menu was working correctly only for first loop (I mean, that I have text values for the first loop of menu items, starting for next loop, there were numerical values)
?

I am going to add a disable option on the LCD output and I also have it running on a Uno so next step will be a pro mini.
By dazq
PSIG wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:07 pm @dazq — You know where I'm going with this — I'm thinking to use the D1 as an on-board module to Speeduino, with diagnostic/calibration output to TS. In your testing and code, could we eventually input the D1 output and read the hex in Speeduino for output on the TunerStudio dashboard? Ultimately, it could perhaps either read-out "A6" on the dash, or light a series of tiny indicators for each meaning, e.g., one for A0, one for A1, etc.

David
Yes it would be possible to feed all the info to ts and speedy. There is also the option I believe to have the magnet input operated by switch and so the pro mini could trigger that with an output, thus a button on a TS page could operate it!
Something I would like to try would be to use the normal O2 speedy input as a softserial Rx pin to interface perhaps?

Unfortunately I don't see this data being available on a serial port from 14point7 products, though I did have a play at connecting in place of the LCD on my slc2free to get remotes values....
By 126p
dazq wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:50 pm Point3, the data is 9600n1 yes but Inverted! That's why I use the softserial as it's tricky to read inverted on hardware serial.
I need to check this. I was using the method from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUtpTKV52E8
dazq wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:50 pm Not sure what this bit meant.
?
When you hold the magnet near PCB, menu items are changing in loop:
[1]SET FUEL type->[2]SET NB LOW Limit->[3]SET NB HIGH Limit->[4]SET AFR LOW Limit->[5]SET AFR HIGH Limit->[6]CALIBRATE->[1]SET FUEL type->[2]SET NB LOW Limit->[3]SET NB HIGH Limit->[4]SET AFR LOW Limit->[5]SET AFR HIGH Limit->[6]CALIBRATE->...
but during testing I saw that I have:
[1]SET FUEL type->[2]SET NB LOW Limit->[3]SET NB HIGH Limit->[4]SET AFR LOW Limit->[5]SET AFR HIGH Limit->[6]CALIBRATE->[1]XXX(DEC) XX(DEC)...
The description for items was working only for the first time. I thing that the first code was not 226. Maybe some data was read wrongly.
By dazq
See this from their web site
2 - Digital output (9600 8N1 serial) to connect to a PC. It is inverted TTL .

So are you still holding the magnet in place when the output starts counting in decimal after the initial loop?
Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

BMW E23 M30B28

Don't forget, you can always fall-back to the &[…]

The basetunes were on so old version that they did[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?