For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
Having problems testing my first board, I'm stuck at START and the sensor doesn't heat. Only the blue and green led is lit. This is what I get in the serial comms. Need help with troubleshooting. I've tried both the BL49SP.ino.hex and firmware.hex but same results.

Mode:PRESET
Supply:0.18
Lambda:1.00
Cj:0
UR:1016
UA:297
IP:0
Mode:START
Supply:16.11
UR:1018
UA:298
Supply:16.13
UR:1016
UA:299
Supply:16.06
UR:1013
UA:302
Hi metcap,
you should choose Custom Linear WB. You can adjust your readings with the values in Point 1 and 2 (for example 0,45-0,55 or 4,45-4,55) to get the exact values at AFR 10 and 20. You can check AFR 20 at plein air or flood the sensor with gas from a lighter to get AFR10.
Best regards, Chris
Calibrate_AFR_Table_TunerStudio.png
Calibrate_AFR_Table_TunerStudio.png (10.8 KiB) Viewed 6199 times
Hey Chris, thanks for the reply. You really should include these info in your github page, it'd really help to complete your afr module for most diy'ers. It's not hard to build and parts are easily sourced.
finally got things to work and i wonder why no-one made tutorial/how to.
1. Get Usbasp, boards assembled, mega2560 for serial read, KhazamaAVRProgrammer, Arduino Ide, Avrdude and Usbasp driver (zadig-2.5 app and there will be winusb v6.1.xxxx driver).
2. Via khazamaAVRProgrammer load eeprom to buffer and select firmware.hex file (or any other 32kb/36kb .hex file), choose atmega328p avr, and in program options set isp clk speed to Auto. Finally click on autoprogram. After that and few errors you will see green led working on pcb.
3. Via avrdude set fusebits. command is "avrdude -c usbasp -p m328p -B5 -U lfuse:w:0xff:m -U hfuse:w:0xda:m -U efuse:w:0xfd:m" w/o "" for usbasp programmer. Now you should see green led blinking rapidly.
4. Connect txd from bl49sp to serial1 rxd on mega, and bl49 rxd to txd1 on mega (should be pins 18 and 19). In ArduinoIDE make blank sketch and paste there
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Burn it to mega2560 (or other arduino) and use build in Serial monitor to see output from bl49sp on serial bus. :D

For few month my only problem was burning hex file (or .ino files in folder) to 328p, and i still think its not possible via Arduino IDE for guy like me :D I had also that khazama programmer, but i didnt know all i had to do is set CLK speed to auto (as it would spit an error message anyway). Once i figured that out and seen only questionmarks in serial monitor i knew i have to burn those fuse bits. Its possible only with usbasp and avrdude as far as i know (and easiest).
PS:I didnt had time to connect o2 sensor, also it would be cool if there was fw for lsu4.2 :mrgreen:
PS2: Back pressure compensation could be a thing with this wideband, as its open source and cheap enough to run on individual cylinders.
I think you are the first I've seen use the SPOILER feature. Not to get off-track; but now that I've seen it I found issues, and ask that we use normal features.

Just for reference, I read incoming messages from RSS feeds. Those feeds (or any other reading method except here) do not allow un-hiding Spoilers, and so I had to use a browser to read your post. Same for hidden links. So my request is to use the traditional Code and Insert URL features, where everyone can read everything, anytime, logged or not. Thanks!
I have been following this project for a while, and finally decided to order some boards to add lambda functionallity.
But, the switching voltage regulator is out of stock at JLC. The regulator the MP2451 is replaced for is also out of stock.
A quick look at the known suppliers does not give much hope either for replacements. Is using a linear one an issue? Heat?

Do not know if I am allowed to ask here, but I will be happy with one, luckier with two units. Anyone willing to sell and send them to The Netherlands?
Electrosmurf wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:12 pm I have been following this project for a while, and finally decided to order some boards to add lambda functionallity.
But, the switching voltage regulator is out of stock at JLC. The regulator the MP2451 is replaced for is also out of stock.
A quick look at the known suppliers does not give much hope either for replacements. Is using a linear one an issue? Heat?

Do not know if I am allowed to ask here, but I will be happy with one, luckier with two units. Anyone willing to sell and send them to The Netherlands?
You can easily get the mp2451 on aliexpress though shipping times are tortoise pace. If you're not too in a hurry with this project it's ok to wait. I have a few on hand but not sure about shipping overseas. Maybe you can try to find someone in Eur first and if not then you can let me know maybe we can work something out.
Last edited by metcap on Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
exvils wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:24 pm For few month my only problem was burning hex file (or .ino files in folder) to 328p, and i still think its not possible via Arduino IDE for guy like me :D I had also that khazama programmer, but i didnt know all i had to do is set CLK speed to auto (as it would spit an error message anyway). Once i figured that out and seen only questionmarks in serial monitor i knew i have to burn those fuse bits. Its possible only with usbasp and avrdude as far as i know (and easiest).
PS:I didnt had time to connect o2 sensor, also it would be cool if there was fw for lsu4.2 :mrgreen:
Well I'd beg to disagree with that :) ...I'd think most who play with arduinos would have a Uno or nano on hand and it's just as easy with a basic Uno or nano and avrdude, at least you'd not have to deal with zadiq and additional drivers. If it'd work for a coding dummy like me I'm sure it'd work for anyone with some interest. BTW with some reference code from this post viewtopic.php?p=48603#p48603 really thanks to NickZ for posting that, I'm able to display some basic info like Mode, AFR and battery voltage on a 1602 LCD screen just to use this lambda module as a standalone.

I think possible reasons for that would be: 1) loo[…]

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?