For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By Jama
This is just a small board I am working on.
It's a DB37 interface board, mostly pin compatible with MS.

I'm not a fan of the connector personally, but legacy design and cost win over in this case :)
Should make adding a loom easier.
Attachments
db37_IB_1.PNG
db37_IB_1.PNG (204.41 KiB) Viewed 6942 times
By PSIG
Jama wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:06 pmIt's a DB37 interface board, mostly pin compatible with MS.
I think it depends on your project. If it already has an MS, then it will make conversion to Speedy easier than either changing the harness connector or making a short IDC40<>DC-37 whip. 8-) However, if it's only "mostly compatible" then that won't work so well and you're doing some re-wiring anyway? :?
Jama wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:06 pmI'm not a fan of the connector personally, but legacy design and cost win over in this case :)
If the project doesn't already have a D-sub DC-37 harness, then it's using a connector you don't like, with no advantage to legacy design, ease or cost for a new harness that I see ATM. :?: Not raining on your design at all, just wanting to understand the usefulness; so this is just for MS<>Speedy conversion, not new installations, yes?

David
By Jama
PSIG wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:36 pm
Jama wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:06 pmIt's a DB37 interface board, mostly pin compatible with MS.
I think it depends on your project. If it already has an MS, then it will make conversion to Speedy easier than either changing the harness connector or making a short IDC40<>DC-37 whip. 8-) However, if it's only "mostly compatible" then that won't work so well and you're doing some re-wiring anyway? :?
Sorry, I should have been clearer. It is mostly pin compatible with the base level MS pinout, so you could swap out an MS with 2 injector channels with minimal rework, I'm going to play with the design some more to get this down to as little effort as possible.
The challenge comes from the location of the extra outputs speeduino has, which use the "Spare" outputs and there is no fixed assignment for these.
PSIG wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:36 pm
Jama wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:06 pmI'm not a fan of the connector personally, but legacy design and cost win over in this case :)
If the project doesn't already have a D-sub DC-37 harness, then it's using a connector you don't like, with no advantage to legacy design, ease or cost for a new harness that I see ATM. :?: Not raining on your design at all, just wanting to understand the usefulness; so this is just for MS<>Speedy conversion, not new installations, yes?
David
I've had a few people ask for a DB37 socket as you can buy cheap unterminated looms from several places.
Also the D-Sub plugs are easy for an amature and require no special tools (well the solder version doesn't), so offering a speeduino with one of these and a mating plug makes it a lot easier to create a loom.
So I would say it is for conversions and also new installations.

Now that I am getting the hand of KiCAD I am planning to design a range of these with different connectors to help people out

James.
By daniel.ashford
Hi Jama. Nice idea. I think the correct connector is really critical to a user friendly install. I've recently swapped to a TE CPC connector. It's a round panel mount recepticle that easily bolts to an enclosure fascia and the loom side comes waterproof too. I've referred to it in my wiring diagram attached to my project post. It also comes in a PCB header option and as a future idea I would plan to create a breakout PCB that would allow for easy linkage.

Edited to correct your name........ Only spotted the autocorrect afterwards :lol:
By kooch
Hi, sorry this is so late to this post, but I am a total noob to Speeduino and have been searching for wiring answers that I just cannot find. I am accumulating the parts to do my first swap, which will be on a MK1 GTI that is already running the Digifant from a 1990 VW, but the 30yr old harness is now my problem with that setup. Anyway, one of the things that I am finding a frustration with SP is the lack of any sort of Connector standard, nor the availability of pre-built wiring harnesses ala. MegaSquirt. While I agree that there is merit in not being tied to a particular form factor, and that the DB-37 is not the best connector option...the fact that I can buy a harness where I only need to finish the service end, makes the DB-37, from what I can find, the only available Standard. Sooo, after somewhat of a noob rant, where are you with this DB-37 interface board as I am very interested. I really want to Speeduino, but my big stumble is on the harness as I will not have some ghetto looking harness that is screwed into a breakout board by a bunch of lawn sprinkler connectors...SERIOUSLY? Please don't flame me for what I wrote, but I just really want a nice, secure, and compact ECU/ECM that looks somewhat OEM in its packaging. Cheers.
By dazq
Take a look at these, not a loom but a nice connector end plate for the v04 series boards. This is what the v04 were designed for to integrate into OEM or custom cases. The screw terminal v03 series were really only meant for testing.

See here
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373500149768 ... Sw00VfzTV3
By kooch
Hey, thanks for the suggestions, but I may have just found the solution to my wiring question. Is there anything about this package that looks out of place to you guys?

https://www.tindie.com/products/velocid ... ompatible/

It appears to have a very similar solution to the board proto'd in this thread, but is available for purchase now as a complete kit. I can order it with the MAP sensor, and it appears that it will fit in my enclosure very well. But the best part is having the harness that I wrote of...we all have our things, and It's also compatible with the 8' MS harness that I recently bought. LOL
The more I read, and the more I search, the greater my understanding...and the more I seek what's important to me. I'm no stranger to Mods, but over the years I have determined the things that really bug me about them, the top being wiring messes...just won't have em. I really started out looking at the DetonationEMS that I stumbled upon on eBay a while back since that is where I even became aware of Speeduino, but I have since learned that there are many many ways to "skin this cat" from many different vendors. I have so many different projects ahead of me over the next few years that I'd like to either Speeduino, or MegaSquirt (67 Porsche 912/911 conversion (looking at Jenvey ITB's) 72 and 73 BMW 2002's both with e30 318i L-Jet hardware, plus a few others. Hmmm...70 Westy Tin-Top???), I just can't wait to retire...come on Crypto's!
Anyway, suggestions are always welcome...and flames are to be extinguished. Cheers

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?