For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By dazq
dvjcodec wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:53 pm Darren, is possible to add visual settings to Tuner Studio, similar to this picture? Patern for each gear with select for all selenoids + add work mode Solid/PWM?
Yes it could be , at the moment it is set in the gearbox types in utils.ino , a 1 selects constant option and 100 selects pwm. I am redoing part of this encoding at the moment to add support for mid shift solenoid operation as needed by your autobox,
Being honest GUI stuff takes more time than actual code does a lot of the time!!!
You should see the pr I recently put in to improve the selection process for serial3 and can! Huge amounts of selection logic took weeks to get right with only minimal changes to the actual firmware :-)

By the way I found the pinnout for that 3 pin plug and the w/s switch.... It is on that original schematic you posted :-)
By ryan_pajero-io
One thing, when the engine is running under high load, in order to protect the gearbox, or to improve the shift quality, does the TCU need to send a shift signal to the ECU to retard the ignition timing or something ,just like the flatshift of the manual gearbox?
Because the automatic transmission does not need to close the throttle when accelerating .
any question or suggestions?
By dazq
ryan_pajero-io wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:06 pm One thing, when the engine is running under high load, in order to protect the gearbox, or to improve the shift quality, does the TCU need to send a shift signal to the ECU to retard the ignition timing or something ,just like the flatshift of the manual gearbox?
Because the automatic transmission does not need to close the throttle when accelerating .
If the controller operated the input to speedy that was normally operated by the clutch pedal would that be ok? Else we need to have something added to speedy.
By PSIG
Ryan, you double-posted a question, and I ask you please avoid that in the future. I replied to your question in the other thread, but I'm moving it here as this thread is actually more appropriate:
ryan_pajero-io wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:05 pm One thing, when the engine is running under high load, in order to protect the gearbox, or to improve the shift quality, does the TCU need to send a shift signal to the ECU to retard the ignition timing or something ,just like the flatshift of the manual gearbox?
In order to get the effect you want, there are lots of questions that need answering that are specific to your hardware and operation. First I would suggest not comparing manual transmission operation, as so many users have the concepts or order incorrect, the issues are different, and it is very confusing as to when or why you would use retard or cut or other method to achieve a result. In other words; this question needs to be answered from the end-result (what you want to achieve and why), and worked backwards to find the best solution(s) to the problem.

Various alternative answers, depending on the results required:
  • No. If we assume the hardware is suitable for the application, then no special features are necessary.
  • Yes, as the desired reduction of input or output torque during clutch engagement is after the shift — not before it.
  • No, as the function is handled in the transmission, using line pressure to modify shift timing and engagement.
  • No, as the function is handled in the transmission, using modified clutch engagement through variable-rate clutch solenoid PWM.
  • ... or many other Yes or No answers depending on the specific issue or what you want or need.
You can see how the problem needs to be defined before a solution can be considered, e.g. are you avoiding clutch slippage on re-engagement, or input shaft damage, or loss of traction? Different issues with very different solutions. My suggestion is to start a thread with specifics of the problem(s) you are facing, in order to generate good solutions. :ugeek:

David
By dvjcodec
I think is not nececery, because many hydraulic transmissions havnt backward signal to ECU. For example: Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ 5.2 before 1996. Transmission 46RH. No pressure lines to engine, no wiring to engine. Only 4th and lockup operated electricaly. 1-2-3 operated hydraulic. Good map for shifting is only needed for high load transmisions.
By ryan_pajero-io
dazq wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:17 pm
ryan_pajero-io wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:06 pm One thing, when the engine is running under high load, in order to protect the gearbox, or to improve the shift quality, does the TCU need to send a shift signal to the ECU to retard the ignition timing or something ,just like the flatshift of the manual gearbox?
If the controller operated the input to speedy that was normally operated by the clutch pedal would that be ok? Else we need to have something added to speedy.
Darren Thank you for your reply Yes, just like a clutch pedal is just a virtual pedal , and i think we can use the flatshit control function from the Speedy,Depends on how you set, but it may also need to change some code
Last edited by ryan_pajero-io on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
By ryan_pajero-io
PSIG wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:48 pm Ryan, you double-posted a question, and I ask you please avoid that in the future. I replied to your question in the other thread, but I'm moving it here as this thread is actually more appropriate:
ryan_pajero-io wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:05 pm One thing, when the engine is running under high load, in order to protect the gearbox, or to improve the shift quality, does the TCU need to send a shift signal to the ECU to retard the ignition timing or something ,just like the flatshift of the manual gearbox?
In order to get the effect you want, there are lots of questions that need answering that are specific to your hardware and operation. First I would suggest not comparing manual transmission operation, as so many users have the concepts or order incorrect, the issues are different, and it is very confusing as to when or why you would use retard or cut or other method to achieve a result. In other words; this question needs to be answered from the end-result (what you want to achieve and why), and worked backwards to find the best solution(s) to the problem.

Various alternative answers, depending on the results required:
  • No. If we assume the hardware is suitable for the application, then no special features are necessary.
  • Yes, as the desired reduction of input or output torque during clutch engagement is after the shift — not before it.
  • No, as the function is handled in the transmission, using line pressure to modify shift timing and engagement.
  • No, as the function is handled in the transmission, using modified clutch engagement through variable-rate clutch solenoid PWM.
  • ... or many other Yes or No answers depending on the specific issue or what you want or need.
You can see how the problem needs to be defined before a solution can be considered, e.g. are you avoiding clutch slippage on re-engagement, or input shaft damage, or loss of traction? Different issues with very different solutions. My suggestion is to start a thread with specifics of the problem(s) you are facing, in order to generate good solutions. :ugeek:

David
hi David
First of all, I'm sorry that I made the same reply two times on different subjects, and I will avoid it in the future.
Return to the subject of our discussion. My goal was to protect the gearbox and the engine especially in the case of a turbo engine.
First, the engine ,In my experience, NA engines don't have this problem, but in TURBO engine, take my car for example. Particularly high load conditions. There will be issues such as full throttle, high RPM, gearbox shift from second to third. At this point, the RPM decreased from 6,500 to 4,000, but the intake manifold pressure did not decrease (because I did not need to release the pedal), which would exceed the target pressure for a short time, and then the engine got a knock, which could not be solved by adjusting the ECU MAP. This is the problem I encountered. Therefore, I want to send a signal to ECU ahead of time through TCU, so that when the shift occurs, the engine torque will be reduced, which may avoid the problem. That's what I think

Second, about the gearbox
As mentioned in your reply, the purpose is to avoid cluslippage on re-engagement and to avoid damaging the input shaft. It doesn't matter if you cut off the fuel or ignition or retard ignition timing, just to reduce or soften the torque when changing gear. In particular, shift from low gear to high gear

Ryan

Always going to be one, I have completed 3 convers[…]

Do i have to do something in arduino software ? i […]

STM32 development

Not yet, I have been too busy to look into it but […]

Hola a todos Actualizo!!! Me es grato comunicaros[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?