For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By mschneberger
Thanks for the reply,

I am on the STD version since i want the outputs,
i managed to get it to compile by changing AVR_MEGA2560 to AVR_ADK
will look around a bit. thanks for the switch numbers .

is it posible to say pull digital pin 24 to ground via a switch and have that setting an output high ? or is that not possible ?

i was thinking about trying to get some sort of PWM working for flasher and wiperss maybe. and i might be running out of analog in .
By dazq
mschneberger wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:17 am Thanks for the reply,

I am on the STD version since i want the outputs,
i managed to get it to compile by changing AVR_MEGA2560 to AVR_ADK
will look around a bit. thanks for the switch numbers .

is it posible to say pull digital pin 24 to ground via a switch and have that setting an output high ? or is that not possible ?
Don't see why not as long as the in is enabled to a input channel in the board configuration.
mschneberger wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:17 am i was thinking about trying to get some sort of PWM working for flasher and wiperss maybe. and i might be running out of analog in .
The basis for pwm is already in the firmware just not enabled! I couldn't get the TS ini to work how I wanted it to and I needed to put out the firmware release so I disabled it.
Watch out for my pdu work as this has flasher and pwm speed controlling built in to output channels
By mschneberger
thanks for the reply.

reason why i ask about the digital inputs is that. i don´t see how i can choose just one diigtal input to correspond to one single output since the digitals are grouped 1-8 9-16 and so on inte the scroll down .

i will defenetly watch out for that pdu firmware. as i said . i am more of a hardware guy ,
By mschneberger
i am currently looking in to infineons Profet series. since they are booth high side switching with current sense diagnosis , and they are N-channel so they are logic controlled.
By mschneberger
really getting somewhere here in understanding the setting up now.

i can trigger outputs via analog in .

and also via digital .

BUT
i have a switch connected to pin 29 wich is set to Digital input 9 . and in the output setting i have selected output 6 to be turned on . and i have choosen digital input 9-16 . threshold 1 hysteriesis 1 logic comparator is set to AND:
i can turn on and off output 6 with the switch connected to digitalIn 9 . but when i move it to number 10 . nothing hapens. what settings do i need to do to make output 6 be turned on by nr 10 and so on ? . i am missing something fundamental here i am well aware. and probably something very easy . thanks
By mschneberger
ok so . i kind of understand now.

now i need to edit som things i think.

activating input9 gave me a 1 on the gauge. activating 10 gave med a 2 on the gauge. so setting the condition to = 1 or equal 2 depending on the choosen input worked. problem is if i want to use input 9 for one output and 10 for another , since activating them at the same time gives med 3. what i need is to have separat channels for all the digital inputs. not grouped as they are right now. .. so i guess i need to change in the tunerstudio.ini perhaps ?
By dazq
No ini changes needed ,you need to use bit masks,
Based on your message you have
in9 binary 10(1)
In10 binary 01(2)
Now both in 9 and 10 is binary 11(3)
If you mask binary10 when both are on then you see just the in9 action
Or mask binary01 to see in10action.

You could add a custom gauge that does this masking for you but it won't affect the output !
If you connect an led etc to the output pin you will see it is working as intended as it is now.
By mschneberger
Hi . Thanks for the reply .

How do i do the bitmasking ? Is it done in tunerstudio settings ?
By mschneberger
Well ,

Since i didn’t undertand bitmask i decided to stay away for a while and concentrate on the hardware .
So as it stands now there will be 5 pwm (up to 1kz) 8 fuses (than also can act as relays) and 16 outputs for hi low beam , and all other stuff you want on relay .
And some sensor inputs aswells as 8 switch inputs . And then 4 hardwired i/o with pwm capability just in case that you need higher current drivers for the ecu pwm outputs , basicly the ecu outputs that wants relays .

So i have ordered some profets from infineons power profet series ,
Will order some of their classic profets aswell .
And then use the status pin on them to have led indication on a ”burned fuse”

Casing is on its way from china . So i can get som real measurements everything .

Harness will splitt in one inputt connector and one output .

Hopefully i will learn the bitmasking thing along the way .
By dazq
Few questions,
1.How are you connecting for your pwm?( As you also say some are "hardwired"?

2.Have you created your board definition to assign pins to input, output and analog channels? If you post a list or submit a pr, they can be added to the firmware so you don't have to do it again in the future each time an update is released.

3.i have some of the BTS series drivers and the status output is only weak against a pull up for signalling, have you tried driving an led??

4.please share your works as you go along( good or bad) , it helps everyone with their projects and highlights improvement or updates to firmware too!

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?