For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By PSIG
NicoEFI wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:56 pm Secutity is VERY IMPORTANT.
Yes, it is, but my point was only partly the safety. My bigger point was (including safety) how the unit functions to call on Speeduino for alterations in fuel or spark to perform actions in-coordination with throttle position, as-calculated by the ETC module. Eventually, the module will perform far more functions than as a cable replacement, and the initial control scheme will be the foundation it uses to do so*. Unless this is only ever to be a generic cable replacement — what is your data control scheme?
:?:
David

*This is why GPIO was used as one example of data control for coordinated active outputs.
PSIG wrote:
NicoEFI wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:56 pm Secutity is VERY IMPORTANT.
Yes, it is, but my point was only partly the safety. My bigger point was (including safety) how the unit functions to call on Speeduino for alterations in fuel or spark to perform actions in-coordination with throttle position, as-calculated by the ETC module. Eventually, the module will perform far more functions than as a cable replacement, and the initial control scheme will be the foundation it uses to do so*. Unless this is only ever to be a generic cable replacement — what is your data control scheme?
:?:
David

*This is why GPIO was used as one example of data control for coordinated active outputs.
Why not add two analog input in speeduino and use the same algorithm security in speeduino and in etc controller.
a security can be : If throttle is different of pedal 1 and pedal 2 there is a problem then speeduino and etc go to a safety mode. Safety mode can be reduce advance and injection and keep rpm max at 1500tr/min (just an idea, an example)

For me use a cable or use electronic throttle is too dangerous. A cable can broke or can get stuck, a mechanical trottle too.

I'm going to draw an algorithm
Once again you can do as you like but it will never be pulled into official Speeduino code

You will have to fork the code and then maintain our fork yourself.

Alternatively you make it stand alone and then it's done once and finished. You never have to worry about code changes in Speeduino breaking things

I think this is the bit you don't understand.

You will have to maintain your own fork of Speeduino in perpetuity.
By PSIG
NicoEFI wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:44 pm Why not add two analog input in speeduino and use the same algorithm security in speeduino and in etc controller.
a security can be : If throttle is different of pedal 1 and pedal 2 there is a problem then speeduino and etc go to a safety mode. Safety mode can be reduce advance and injection and keep rpm max at 1500tr/min (just an idea, an example)
IMO that is possibly a good idea and good example, though it should first be in the ETC controller. The Speeduino safety function would likely be comparing the pedal1 signal to the TPS. ;) Most OEM ECMs I've seen do not change what they do if there is a pedal/TPS fault (fuel or timing) — they just kill the engine. This is why most factory cars will die if you manually move the throttle.

If there is a pedal1 & 2 fault, then Speeduino does not see that and lets the ETC continue to handle the throttle, which goes to default position (high-idle/limp-home). Speeduino could have the pedal signals (combined single steady voltage or 2 signals comparative) as a kill safety, but then there would be no limp-home. It could if that safety was in the ETC controller. Again, the process is assuming there is little changed in the ECM, and most functions (including most safeties) are in the ETC controller. What few safeties are in the ECM usually kill the engine, as the ECM does not know what is going-on. To give the ECM the job of determining the situation greatly increases complexity and opportunity for ECM failure or corruption, and is one reason ETC is not included in Speeduino. ;) It is not just a fear of WOT danger, but mostly that it just doesn't belong there.

Hopefully this better explains my position on ETC in Speeduino, and why Speeduino should have very little or nothing changed in order to use ETC properly and safely. All of that is the job of the ETC controller. Speeduino still needs to "talk" with the ETC, and I am looking-forward to how you plan to do that. Configuring for TS pass-through tuning is fine, as that is not altering Speeduino or its functions. :)
NicoEFI wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:44 pmFor me use a cable or use electronic throttle is too dangerous. A cable can broke or can get stuck, a mechanical trottle too.
All throttle control is potentially dangerous and all types use safeties.
NicoEFI wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:44 pm I'm going to draw an algorithm
:mrgreen: Cool.

David
theonewithin wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:11 am So your going to fork Speeduino and maintain if yourself?
Sorry but my english is "bad".
I can not properly translate fork and maintain if yourself.
repons himseflf : fork is build a new version in parallel ?

I will work this project (welcome to people who want to help), and share it obviously.
So you understand that if you don't maintain it yourself it will be stuck with whatever version firmware to started with yeah?

I'm trying to convince you NOT to fork Speeduino. Because you will then have to keep it going from there on if you want to update it as Josh releases new Speeduino versions.

You will have to test your code still works and doesn't break anything else etc.

Make a stand alone controller. Or look at the ones others have already created. Help with them.
theonewithin wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:50 am So you understand that if you don't maintain it yourself it will be stuck with whatever version firmware to started with yeah?

I'm trying to convince you NOT to fork Speeduino. Because you will then have to keep it going from there on if you want to update it as Josh releases new Speeduino versions.

You will have to test your code still works and doesn't break anything else etc.

Make a stand alone controller. Or look at the ones others have already created. Help with them.
there's something I don't understand!
all the people who advance the code speeduino are forced to fork to test, and the master code is after updated or not ?

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?