For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By RichCreations
i can't seem to find the capacitor values or positions for rich creations opto board.
Well, thats because we sorta left things vague, as we could not agree on the values of the caps/resistors, as those parts can be chosen to match whatever input signal voltage you are dealing with. (you would likely want different parts for connecting to coil neg vs 5v square wave)

Let us know how you are using it (what your signal source is), and I or someone else can likely suggest suitable parts.
By dazq
Sorry nickz got mixed up with the previous persons requests for vr boards
By dazq
i only have c3 @ 1n and c1 @ 10n on my input filter/opto board and that will take connection to a ign coil or to a speedo pickup(digital not vr). i also have only a 390r 1w resistor as r2 , my d1 is a 1n4004
By Old Grey
Was there any consensus on parts for RichC's opto, I think it is still being used, because only 2 parts are labled.

I found these partial bits of info.
PSIG wrote:Sorry - not meaning to cause confusion. That circuit will not need a Zener with the wide on-state current of the 4N35. Everything from 3 to 18V should do fine. :) However, I would suggest one other change (and I am not a circuit designer), and that is to divorce the grounds. The purpose of the opto-isolator is to isolate. I would keep the HV ground and the Arduino grounds separate, and no other ties between the two systems.

I think the added component placement you did is also good as it gives flexibility to use, alter, or eliminate any of the components to tweak the function, without having to create a new board or have this one be all hacked-up. I haven't looked at it hard, but with the divorced grounds, my initial components would probably be a VSB2200S Schottky diode, 0.1uF and 0.001uF 250V+ caps, 330Ω and 10KΩ, and I'd like to try a 4N29 (Darlington) to maximize full on and full off if the signal is clean. If not, it will be triggering when a lawn mower goes by. ;) If anything needs to be reinforced, it's that an automotive electrical system is one of the dirtiest and nastiest systems out there. What often works well on the bench fails miserably in the wild.

I'm just taking a stab at this design to add some other input that may (or may not) be helpful. I would be interested to hear what other opinions are.

David
dazq wrote:i only have c3 @ 1n and c1 @ 10n on my input filter/opto board and that will take connection to a ign coil or to a speedo pickup(digital not vr). i also have only a 390r 1w resistor as r2 , my d1 is a 1n4004
By dazq
The part values i mentioned are what i have on my opto board in my q coupe running a v04 ok, signal seems reliable and sharp.
By Old Grey
Your circuit is a bit different to RichC's, you've got an extra D10 and he has C2 and C4, plus his resistors are different, so I don't know what to do there.

I guess no one has needed the circuit so it never got ratified.

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?