For anything related to the 'official' Speeduino boards (Eg v0.3, v0.4 etc)
By erstray
Hi I am having some trouble configuring pin A10 to control the spare low side output from the MC33814. I have tried altering the speeduino.ini file to include A10 in the fanpin section but when selected, I get no change in output from the arduino regardless of thermo fan settings. Do I need to set the default to A10 in the utils file? As far as I can see, A10 is not selectable for any outputs in Tunerstudio so I'm a bit confused as to why it's connected to RIN2 on the MC33814 instead of a Digital Output pin

Thanks
By noisymime
erstray wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:15 am Hi I am having some trouble configuring pin A10 to control the spare low side output from the MC33814. I have tried altering the speeduino.ini file to include A10 in the fanpin section but when selected, I get no change in output from the arduino regardless of thermo fan settings. Do I need to set the default to A10 in the utils file? As far as I can see, A10 is not selectable for any outputs in Tunerstudio so I'm a bit confused as to why it's connected to RIN2 on the MC33814 instead of a Digital Output pin
That's an omission by the looks. The A10 pin should be appearing in the dropdown for the fan control. I'll make sure this gets added for the next firmware.
By Harry.singh
Has anyone tried to run sequential injection with this yet? Is it possible?

Also, I couldn't find any circuits for the fan control. I'm wiring from scratch and was wondering where I'd have to run that, since it looks like the board doesn't have an input for a fan? Do I have to use the proto area?
By lsdlsd88
I'll wait for Josh to reply this one.. sequential not available yet on 4g63 decoder for some reason!

Fan is controlled by thermoswitch on the 1.6 so i guess it's not built into the speeduino. Probably you need to dyi
By Harry.singh
That's right it is. I was hoping there would be a pin out for the fan though. I wonder if there are extra inputs left for the fan relay if I wire up my own circuit?I'm hoping sequential will be available soon, that way I know which way to wire the injectors.
By lsdlsd88
not sure why you want an INPUT for the fan? isn't that an OUTPUT?

about injectors you can wire them already, follow the 1.8 pinout then select "semi-sequential" in the config.

By Harry.singh
You're right haha too early in the morning for me. Either way, I need a pin to send a signal to the fan relay. I believe it used to be going low on the 0.4.3 board? I don't remember.

Thanks a lot for that! I didn't realize the PNP was able to handle it like that.

Do you know of any plans to try to incorporate sequential spark as well?
By lsdlsd88
Harry.singh wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:29 pm Do you know of any plans to try to incorporate sequential spark as well?
no idea about the plans but personally I don't see it as a priority, there is A LOT to improve before worrying about that.

just a quote from a respected guy (15k posts and 1.5k cats) on MT.net
I rarely run cars with sequential spark. On a race car that sees sustained high-RPM use, or on a car that's running coils that require a lot of dwell (like 6ms+), then yes, it can be beneficial, because you want to give the coil time to cool down between charging/firing cycles. For most street cars, it's just not necessary.

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?