For anything related to the 'official' Speeduino boards (Eg v0.3, v0.4 etc)
I was almost going to purchase my very 1st speeduino board (Teensy 3.5 based, ergo Dropbear), and sorry, but I require a 32 bit cortex-x based version ... to find out that its out of stock, and so seem to be the teensy 3.5 cpu boards at "PJRC"

any idea when they might be back in stock and if at all ???

do the Teensy board speeduino designs have any future, or will they eventually fade away, based upon that everything seems to be atmega-8, wherever you look ???

is there a chance to purchase a naked board, i have probably most passive components here in my home office and can hand assemble smt prototypes, done this before (and then there is mouser or other distries here in silicon valley) ???

are there any other 32-bit cortex-x (preferred teensy 3.5 based) speeduino boards currently available from any one ???

I was also playing with the idea of laying out my own PCB, based upon my hw requirements similar to the NO2C. Have done embedded hardware designs and wrote firmware for the past 30 years (that's why i don't want to play with 8-bits anymore) and would be able to make the design files available, but i would need some form of firmware compatible schematics. don't have time for guessing games combined with some reverse engineering ???

since the speeduino seems to be an open source design what's with the copyright issues of the Dropbear board, or any hw related speeduino designs ???

please, I realize that I asked quite some generic questions and would really appreciate a detailed answer

allways appreciative, cheers Klaus

p.s. or a list of which port functionality is hooked to which function (TPS, CPS, etc) to create a Dropbear cpu io pin compatible pnp hardware
tx Pazi88, but i can't find anywhere a source for the stm35-mega board for purchase and i'm also not sure how much conformance it might have to the newly introduced "so called LTS long term support on speeduino firmware and source"
i hope i'm not too picky, but i try to avoid piece mill searches, but i'm definitely not willing to go with commercial high price products, they never do what an informed and educated individual wants, just mainstream satisfaction, but open source turns sometimes into open sores from what i have heard, sorry for me saying it.

please, all i do is ask some question and hope for some answers ???

and now a question again to the speeduino development or sales team ... i hope i asked politely enough for more info found in my very 1st questionnaire in this forum, could anyone please try to answer some of my initial questions. i dare to think that i might not be the only one to ask those questions, at least a 160 some people looked at my forum entry since i placed it

always appreciative and patience, cheers Klaus
What attracts you to the 32bit platform in terms of tuning capability?
is there a chance to purchase a naked board, i have probably most passive components here in my home office and can hand assemble smt prototypes, done this before (and then there is mouser or other distries here in silicon valley) ???
If you look for forks of the Speeduino github project you will find other published designs both SMT and PTH. Some of these have even provided the gerber files, BOM etc. so that you them printed by somewhere like JLCPCB.

The Speeduino firmware and certain hardware designs are open source. However there are also some proprietary circuit designs such as Dropbear and others. As far as I know, the ETA on dropbear is over one year with current semiconductor shortages.
Ask on Discord (top right corner of screen) for peeps stm32 boards etc.

Drop Bear was a long time in development, and quite reasonably, I think, Josh would like some return on it before releasing the schematics. However, the component shortage has meant that Josh has had to continually redevelop DB to be able to provide any boards. So this may be some time coming.

But as I say, ask on Discord, or Slack if you prefer, for links to schematics, or even files. Kicad appears to be turning out a favourite at the moment, if you are familiar with it. :)
efiNick wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:18 am tx Pazi88, but i can't find anywhere a source for the stm35-mega board for purchase and i'm also not sure how much conformance it might have to the newly introduced "so called LTS long term support on speeduino firmware and source"
i hope i'm not too picky, but i try to avoid piece mill searches, but i'm definitely not willing to go with commercial high price products, they never do what an informed and educated individual wants, just mainstream satisfaction, but open source turns sometimes into open sores from what i have heard, sorry for me saying it.

please, all i do is ask some question and hope for some answers ???

and now a question again to the speeduino development or sales team ... i hope i asked politely enough for more info found in my very 1st questionnaire in this forum, could anyone please try to answer some of my initial questions. i dare to think that i might not be the only one to ask those questions, at least a 160 some people looked at my forum entry since i placed it

always appreciative and patience, cheers Klaus
yes it's not available at least yet, but you said that you can do SMD prototyping, so it should be easy to put together few of those. The LTS release just means that the LTS fw version will receive bug fixes for a year (without new features). Nothing to do with hardware compatibility. But well about the initial questions:
efiNick wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:10 am I was almost going to purchase my very 1st speeduino board (Teensy 3.5 based, ergo Dropbear), and sorry, but I require a 32 bit cortex-x based version ... to find out that its out of stock, and so seem to be the teensy 3.5 cpu boards at "PJRC"

any idea when they might be back in stock and if at all ???
As far as I know, some point next year.
efiNick wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:10 am do the Teensy board speeduino designs have any future, or will they eventually fade away, based upon that everything seems to be atmega-8, wherever you look ???
Arduino mega based speeduinos are the de facto standard and what Josh said, it will be supported indefinitely. What comes to 32bit MCU's Teensy 3.5, 3.6 and STM32F407 have currently good support and Teensy 4.1 and other STM32 mcu's pretty good support. And those all will probably continue to have good support in FW as long as there are people using those and keeping FW up to date.
efiNick wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:10 am is there a chance to purchase a naked board, i have probably most passive components here in my home office and can hand assemble smt prototypes, done this before (and then there is mouser or other distries here in silicon valley) ???

are there any other 32-bit cortex-x (preferred teensy 3.5 based) speeduino boards currently available from any one ???
Well as I said, there is that board of mine that you could do and this at least based on same STM32F407: https://www.everythingfuelinjection.com ... p149186223 DropBear I think is the only one more widely spread/tested Teensy based one, but there are some other designs here on the forum.
efiNick wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:10 am I was also playing with the idea of laying out my own PCB, based upon my hw requirements similar to the NO2C. Have done embedded hardware designs and wrote firmware for the past 30 years (that's why i don't want to play with 8-bits anymore) and would be able to make the design files available, but i would need some form of firmware compatible schematics. don't have time for guessing games combined with some reverse engineering ???

since the speeduino seems to be an open source design what's with the copyright issues of the Dropbear board, or any hw related speeduino designs ???
Official Speeduino hardware designs are here: https://github.com/speeduino/Hardware
And you can find some info of the 3rd party boards from here: https://wiki.speeduino.com/en/3rd_party
efiNick wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:10 am please, I realize that I asked quite some generic questions and would really appreciate a detailed answer

allways appreciative, cheers Klaus

p.s. or a list of which port functionality is hooked to which function (TPS, CPS, etc) to create a Dropbear cpu io pin compatible pnp hardware
You will find the pins when you check init.ino in the FW.
hi guys

thanks for all your responses and i'll try to respond to some answers

What attracts you to the 32bit platform in terms of tuning capability?

20 some years ago all there was, were 8 bit low price microcontrollers and some 16 bit (infineon cs167) or so and that's about it. in the last 10 years the arm cortex flavors became affordable and mainstream and u don't need to hop through hoops in sw to write efficient code, not to say that i want to support sloppy design practices, but i had my shares of not getting the performance and sw architecture i wanted from those 8 bit relicts from the past ... this is the short answer to what attracts me to 32 bit

also thanks to all the links and info, i will have to dig through it

one more word about teensy ... i watched most of Josh's video about mcus for speeduino and i share his opinion that the peripherals of the mcus makes the difference for their usability ... besides the clock freq, a cortex 4 is and stays a cortex 4 regardless of the implementing silicon vendor
since i worked in 2014 9 month as an application engineering contractor at NXP on their LPC series of mcus i'm very familiar with the LPC peripherals and hardly know any details of the freescale (formerly mototrola and now also NXP) kinetics mpu peripherals as well as the ones implemented in the stm32xxx ... on another note, mcu manuals are roughly 1000 pages, so it's not an easy and fast task to evaluate the usability of their peripherals like timers, pwm, adc, dma channels and all the other basic setup like pin config, isr config, mcu config, etc

from what i got out of the hour long video was that Josh seems to favor teensy over all other 32 bit ones and that's why i'm also leaning in it's favor. at this point i don't see too much of a need to use the 600 MHz and 8 Mbyte of flash 4.1 for this type fuel injection. i just hope that the the teensys share the same amount of usable peripherals as the 3.5 ... i like the 5 V tolarance on the 3.5 just as a safety measure

again, thanks for all the info

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?