For anything related to the 'official' Speeduino boards (Eg v0.3, v0.4 etc)
By noisymime
OK, so there's obviously been a lot going on with the hardware side of things lately. The v0.3 series continues to be updated regularly with small improvements and the next major revision using SMD components is taking longer than I expected, but still progressing well. This has left the v0.4 line in limbo a little. A lot of people have been interested in these and whilst I have stopped producing any, I know that EDC continues to sell them (Which is totally fine).

What this has meant though is that this board hasn't benefitted from the improvements being made to the v0.3 line. Initially when I'd started the next revision of this board I had planned to change the IDC-40 pinout slightly and hence likely rename it to v0.5. Since then I've reconsidered this and will be releasing a v0.4.1 board shortly with the original pin out. The change had originally been planned to allow for high current outputs to be moved off the IDC-40, but what I am now planning is to leave those pins as they were and also add a separate high current Molex connector for them. That way if you only need to run low/medium current (Up to about 3A) on those lines you can use the IDC connected. If you need big current you can use the Molex.

The update really just brings this board inline with the v0.3.3 board in that it includes things like a proto area, the move to an single TVS IC etc. It means that people who want this style of board rather than the v0.3.3 one can continue to get it and also have the latest design.

At some point I WILL address the confusion around the naming situation. Instead of numbered versions, these will likely become something like:
V0.3.x -> Speeduino DIY
V0.4.x -> Speeduino Integrated
Future SMD board -> Speeduino Pro

The names are very much a WIP, but I think this should help avoid the confusion around what the latest product is.

I should have the design finished within a week or so and boards will be available after that.
By classified
So the board you are designing right now is the Speeduino Pro?

I have began to migrate my existing ECU design to be compatible with arduino/speeduino.
I might hang off then until you release your new design.
By noisymime
classified wrote:So the board you are designing right now is the Speeduino Pro?

I have began to migrate my existing ECU design to be compatible with arduino/speeduino.
So there will (eventually) be 3 different product lines

1) The Speeduino DIY, which is the existing v0.3.3 design, will remain as a screw terminal board. Self assembly only. This will continue to evolve as time goes by, but no specific plans on the next revision of this currently (v0.3.3 is only just completed).
2) Speeduino Integrated, which is the current v0.4 design. This was and is designed to be used with an interface board (hence the 'Integrated' name). I am currently working on a new revision of this (v0.4.1) to bring it in line with the features of the v0.3 line and will have this completed in a week or 2. Likely only available as self assembled design.
3) Speeduino Pro - A totally new design based on mostly SMD components. This is still very much in the design phase and won't be ready for a few months. I will be supplying them as a fully assembled board / product.

With your own board, I'm happy to look at adding a specific pin mapping for it if that would help?
By classified
noisymime wrote:
classified wrote:So the board you are designing right now is the Speeduino Pro?

So there will (eventually) be 3 different product lines

1) The Speeduino DIY, which is the existing v0.3.3 design, will remain as a screw terminal board. Self assembly only. This will continue to evolve as time goes by, but no specific plans on the next revision of this currently (v0.3.3 is only just completed).
2) Speeduino Integrated, which is the current v0.4 design. This was and is designed to be used with an interface board (hence the 'Integrated' name). I am currently working on a new revision of this (v0.4.1) to bring it in line with the features of the v0.3 line and will have this completed in a week or 2. Likely only available as self assembled design.
3) Speeduino Pro - A totally new design based on mostly SMD components. This is still very much in the design phase and won't be ready for a few months. I will be supplying them as a fully assembled board / product.

With your own board, I'm happy to look at adding a specific pin mapping for it if that would help?

That was much clearer. Thank you.

When I have changed my design I will put a pull request for my pin mapping.
However maybe we should be collaborating on the pro version...?
By noisymime
classified wrote: When I have changed my design I will put a pull request for my pin mapping.
However maybe we should be collaborating on the pro version...?
More than happy to. If you're able to jump on IRC, that might be the easiest way to discuss it, at least initially. Send a msg with my nick to get my attention :D
By edc_atl
Our company has continued to support those that want any version the official boards, and include a VR conditioner board at no cost with the PCB order. It was proposed by a forum member to include the parts to build the VR conditioner to our parts kit and we did, at no cost. It was also proposed by another forum member to include the simulator PCB when a full kits is ordered, we are still evaluating this request but might be possible as well.

We do have our own, fully packaged smt/hybrid version of the Speeduino board, which we are testing. The unit is called the Speeduino MK1 and it is a carrier board, combining design examples from all the versions. This board also works with our S-ECU Motronic engine or the Speeduino engine.

The MK1 was made to add tuning ability to those that have early style Bosch injection systems, driven mostly by distributors. Our target is the conversion of 4-cylinder cars with Bosch simultaneous injection and Bosch style distributors. We will also offer a bolt on GM TBI conversion for vehicles with Weber carburetors and distributor ignition. We have been busy these past few months, creating new designs and upgrading some of the old ones. But we are now back on track and should have a few promising months ahead.

The Speeduino MK1 is currently installed in a test vehicle, loaded with an initial tune and waiting for a few parts to arrive. When the test vehicle reaches about 500 miles of drive time, we will then evaluate and determine if it can be offered for sale and release the design.

Enclosed is the first pre-production draft of the MK1, PCB006B which will become Rev1.0 after final update and testing. A full smt version of the board is also in the works but might not get released due to PCB size.
Attachments
PCB_ALPHA_006B.png
PCB_ALPHA_006B.png (123.71 KiB) Viewed 29919 times
By Old Grey
So V3 and V4 with be the same, just V3 will be with screw terminals and V4 with 40IDC and header board.

Is there a projected cost for the SMD Pro, basically will it be cheaper. because there is a more powerful alternative that is very close on price.
By noisymime
Old Grey wrote:So V3 and V4 with be the same, just V3 will be with screw terminals and V4 with 40IDC and header board.
Yes, same features, 2 different form factors, depending on the install type. The V0.3 will typically be better for retro fits, the v0.4 better for adapting to existing looms.
Old Grey wrote:Is there a projected cost for the SMD Pro, basically will it be cheaper. because there is a more powerful alternative that is very close on price.
Price will be around $150 assembled (+/- $30). You're looking as rusefi I'm guessing? It's a similar price to the other boards, but this will come assembled.
By Old Grey
I was hinting at getting rid of one, as the are practically the same.
How about getting rid of V3 and making the V4 40IDC go to a header board with screw terminals instead of ECU plug
noisymime wrote:Price will be around $150 assembled (+/- $30). You're looking as rusefi I'm guessing? It's a similar price to the other boards, but this will come assembled.
What does the $150 - assuming USD - entail, because that's a problem when their base 12injx6ign board/shield assembled is cheaper.
By noisymime
Old Grey wrote:I was hinting at getting rid of one, as the are practically the same.
How about getting rid of V3 and making the V4 40IDC go to a header board with screw terminals instead of ECU plug
V0.4 doesn't have the room to fit the screw terminals on it. Those things take up a lot of real estate (Hence the larger v0.3 board).
Old Grey wrote:What does the $150 - assuming USD - entail, because their base board/shield assembled is cheaper.
That's likely to be a fully assembled board (With onboard connector and an arduino). It's roughly the equivalent of:
https://www.tindie.com/products/russian ... cu-shield/
https://www.tindie.com/products/russian ... connector/
https://www.tindie.com/products/russian ... -bare-pcb/
https://www.tindie.com/products/russian ... ain-board/

Or alternatively this: https://www.tindie.com/products/russian ... ll-bunlde/
But without the LCD and with a connector onboard rather than needing wiring.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?