For anything related to the 'official' Speeduino boards (Eg v0.3, v0.4 etc)
By Old Grey
So Frankenstein 0.11 (12x6) assembled bundle = $191USD
Speeduino Pro SMD assembled bundle = $150USD

So what's in the Speeduino V4 (4x4) assembled for $160USD?
If it just the V4 and a Mega2560, it's only $7 in front of the 0.11 (12x6) bundle.

noisymime wrote:V0.4 doesn't have the room to fit the screw terminals on it. Those things take up a lot of real estate (Hence the larger v0.3 board).
Yes, that why I said the V3 wouldn't be needed anymore if you only make V4s', but have a header breakout board with the screw terminals.

V4 was invented to get the $10 price break by switching to a smaller 100x100 board but it had to use the smaller 40 pin IDE connector because of room limitations. And now that you need a header breakout board for it the overall PCB cost are practically the same as V3.

No matter how you look at it they both cost the same, and do the same thing, so why not reduce inventory and just use V4 for everything because it has the versatility of different header breakout boards on a common board.
By edc_atl
noisymime wrote:OK,...... A lot of people have been interested in these and whilst I have stopped producing any, I know that EDC continues to sell them (Which is totally fine)......
Actually, I have not talked to my father about it and I know he likes to help people out whenever he can. But I am considering phasing out the V0.3 and V0.4 boards and component kits at our next web update.

I for got, this is the final version of our MK2 board which was finished today. I got the gerbers on line with the next cut so I'll have the MK1 and MK2 on hand tomorrow afternoon.
Attachments
edc_speedy_TOP_3D.png
edc_speedy_TOP_3D.png (502.87 KiB) Viewed 23491 times
By Old Grey
Do you have a projected cost for MK2 assembled or not.

Is there protection on the board. I was thinking I wanted the Mega on board but what if you wire it wrong and fry it, and that makes plug in better.
By noisymime
Old Grey wrote:but what if you wire it wrong and fry it, and that makes plug in better.
That has always been my thinking with the plugin boards. They are a bit more cumbersome, but if you happen to fry something on it, you only need to replace a $20 part.
By edc_atl
Old Grey wrote:Do you have a projected cost for MK2 assembled or not.

Is there protection on the board. I was thinking I wanted the Mega on board but what if you wire it wrong and fry it, and that makes plug in better.
We have been working on this for about four months now and actually there are three board designs. The MK1 is the plug in Hybrid, the MK2 is a self contained hybrid unit and the MK3 is (smaller with a 54x80 foot print) the hybrid lite version for 4-cyl cars. Both the MK1 and MK3 are based on the plug in engine technology, the MK2 is self contained. The engine will have a $25.00 cost assembled and tested. The MK3 is $105.00, the MK1 is $125.00 and the MK2 is $155.00. All versions will be assembled and simulator tested for 48 hours.

The same protection that a ver 0.3 or ver 0.4 has, is built in to these boards. But we took it further, If you incorrectly wire something like the ignition for example, the 40 pin connector has ways for you to screw up other circuits. On our board, the connector serves only the ignition so the damage is localized to just the ignition circuit. Same goes for the other circuits and their wiring.

The boards so far are bullet proof, we have them running continuously on a simulator for almost 20 days now. All outputs, Q1 through Q8, have heat sinks and are being tested with continuous 10A loads. The box is black anodized aluminum and custom to the 54x80 or 100x80mm board with an engraved logo.

My father wants to see it burn in at least 30 days before we install it on our test engine. Hopefully he will be back at work to continue what he has started.
By PSIG
noisymime wrote:... So there will (eventually) be 3 different product lines

1) The Speeduino DIY, which is the existing v0.3.3 design, will remain as a screw terminal board. ...
2) Speeduino Integrated, which is the current v0.4 design. This was and is designed to be used with an interface board ...
3) Speeduino Pro - A totally new design based on mostly SMD components. ...
Just thinking out-loud here; but if going for more descriptive naming, may I suggest a more descriptive format, perhaps something like:
  • Speeduino ST - (or STD, for Screw Terminal, Screw Terminal Design, or simply STandarD)
  • Speeduino IDC - (as future designs of this or successors may have other connectors for integration (clumsy word also), and other versions would be instantly identified)
  • Speeduino SMD - (for obvious descriptive reasons).
Only first thoughts, so there are lots of options or foundations, depending on reasoning for identification or marketing or other - or all. Likewise, none should cast a shadow on others, as they are not 'better', and just different designs. I wouldn't get stuck in sexy names like "Gold" and "Pro", which are not only non-descriptive, but you'll run out of better marketing names eventually. Just for thought.

David
By andrey
noisymime wrote: https://www.tindie.com/products/russian ... cu-shield/
Thank you for mentioning Frankenstein! I am not planning to offer these assembled any more, I've done my share of soldering over the last three years and we are probably only going to develop the larger and more expensive Frankenso, either kits or assembled in China.

Looking forward some assembled speeduino hardware, I am going to order a unit for my Miata!

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?