For anything related to the 'official' Speeduino boards (Eg v0.3, v0.4 etc)
By apollard
I have both 0.3 and 0.4 board. The 0.3 does need less code changes than the 0.4 IME.

But, the $1300 difference is part of the reason why speedy isn't plug an play like commercial applications. The other reason is that it was always meant as a system that the user would customize to meet their needs. That is the big attraction for me. I need two oxygen sensors on my boat engine for example (bank exhausts are separate). So, a quick duplication of the circuit and some light code work and I have two sensors.

I'm sure others will chime in with other reasons, but those are the big ones to me. Also, remember it is version 0.x
By TDSA
apollard wrote:I have both 0.3 and 0.4 board. The 0.3 does need less code changes than the 0.4 IME.

But, the $1300 difference is part of the reason why speedy isn't plug an play like commercial applications. The other reason is that it was always meant as a system that the user would customize to meet their needs. That is the big attraction for me. I need two oxygen sensors on my boat engine for example (bank exhausts are separate). So, a quick duplication of the circuit and some light code work and I have two sensors.

I'm sure others will chime in with other reasons, but those are the big ones to me. Also, remember it is version 0.x
Apollard none of the $1300 system we use are plug and play - they are wire in ECU's - the difference is that if the wire in schematic says Pin35 is for boost control, you can bank on it. None of the pin assignments or layouts are correct on the Speeduino -- thats my point.

I have build a V0.4.2 board and the inly thing that works out the box is the injection and ignition ... no fuel pump, no fan, no VVT, etc

sure it has the features according to the web page and WIKI etc - but they just don't work.

Could some of the designers and clever guys, please address the wiring and outputs to allow guys who want to use the Speeduino to control an engine no matter how basic, to use the basic features wired in as per any normal wiring diagram?

Im not as clued up as most on coding etc - but i have tried everything i possibly could, and followed some advise, to no avail -- :cry:
By apollard
TDSA wrote:
Apollard none of the $1300 system we use are plug and play - they are wire in ECU's - the difference is that if the wire in schematic says Pin35 is for boost control, you can bank on it. None of the pin assignments or layouts are correct on the Speeduino -- thats my point.
Sorry, didn't mean wiring wise plug an play, but more so the software and hardware are done. You have to wire and tune. Speedy is much more DIY than that, more for the folks that want to delve into the internal workings of the ECU. The commercial units I know of do not allow you to change the firmware / hardware.
By TDSA
apollard wrote:
TDSA wrote:
Sorry, didn't mean wiring wise plug an play, but more so the software and hardware are done. You have to wire and tune. Speedy is much more DIY than that, more for the folks that want to delve into the internal workings of the ECU. The commercial units I know of do not allow you to change the firmware / hardware.

yes 100% correct. They don't allow modification of their code etc.

With Speeduino i can understand it is more "hands on" but surely the basics like fuel pump, thermofan, VVT, boost control, etc should be working out the box??

Sure if you want to change a MAP sensor - make the code changes, and and and -- but the basics, should be in place just like the injection and ignition are.
By cx500tc
TDSA wrote:
apollard wrote:
TDSA wrote:

yes 100% correct. They don't allow modification of their code etc.

With Speeduino i can understand it is more "hands on" but surely the basics like fuel pump, thermofan, VVT, boost control, etc should be working out the box??

Sure if you want to change a MAP sensor - make the code changes, and and and -- but the basics, should be in place just like the injection and ignition are.
Basics?
What are "basics"?
By PSIG
Though I do not presume to speak for him; I think he is saying that the basic features in Speeduino (ignition, injection, fuel pump, fan, tach, boost, VVT, etc.), and set with default output pins, should function on those pins as-is without any (or minor) configuration changes. Load Speeduino code onto a Mega, probe the various output pins, and you should see them working. Stick a Speeduino board onto the Mega, hook-up fuel pump, tach, whatever, and they should work on those outputs. They don't.

David
By cx500tc
cx500tc wrote:...

Basic is exactly that: the minimum required.
Many engines even require helpers to get crank signals working... is that "basic"?
By PSIG
cx500tc wrote:May be splitting hairs but... "basic" is not equal to "supported", no?

Basic is exactly that: the minimum required.
The frustration is that the functions are there and they work internally. :D Just getting them out of the Mega and off the PCB is the hairball. :( There is a disconnect between the available functioning features, and the outputs. That's pretty basic, and silly to leave users hanging for lack of operating their fuel pump on IDC14 like the Wiki says, or any of the features that are working but fouled before output. The Boost output is being fixed now. Josh has his hands full with more critical functions like cycle average MAP at the moment, but hopefully the other HC and LC output functions will also be fully defuzzled soon. It doesn't have to do much, but should do that much very well.
David
By apollard
Since I'm not using all those functions, I only needed FP which was fairly easy. While I agree they should work on a finished product, IMO it's pretty clear Speedy is a work in process. That said, all the functions on my 0.3 board worked with no changes to the code.

Hi! Sorry for bad english, I hope I'm understandab[…]

In my opinion the easiest way is to just leave out[…]

Cant seem to get it working. Uploded my 202402 ini[…]

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?