For anything related to the 'official' Speeduino boards (Eg v0.3, v0.4 etc)
Black Knight
See the screen shot below. This shows the entry point in the speeduino.ino where auxin( the variables are actually labelled canin ) is checked and updated.

In theory this update could be moved to a higher refresh area but it was fired there as it met best compromise.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210413-093932.png
Screenshot_20210413-093932.png (222.11 KiB) Viewed 9797 times
dazq wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:43 am Black Knight
See the screen shot below. This shows the entry point in the speeduino.ino where auxin( the variables are actually labelled canin ) is checked and updated.

In theory this update could be moved to a higher refresh area but it was fired there as it met best compromise.
Dazq,

Thank you very much for your input and posting that image of the firmware.

I took one look at the page you posted and as I am extremely limited at understanding firmware and to this point I've only changed pin in and pin outs, I had a moment of "oh no, more to learn." Then I spent a couple of days learning how to modify Hz. Not too hard after all.

It is done. I've created my own input channel using MAP baro and changed its Hz from 1 to 15 to match the TPS. I then ran the signal to both TPS input and my custom channel at the same time, both operating on 15 Hz. I chose MAP baro because it stood alone with Hz definition and I am intending to use its fuel correction function later.

Is there any negative effect on the function of the ECU by upping MAP baro to 15Hz?
We are not using any of the other optional inputs so we might not be placing too much demand on processing??? So we can get away with this?

I've noticed that my custom channel is about 25% less responsive compared to TPS.

Is this due to some form of ADC bit rate? Similar to what we see on aux channels where you have the option of 8, 10 or 12 bit-rate.

So the question is: if I am correct that it is bit-rate, how do I change the bit-rate for my chosen channel? In this case, MAP baro.

If I'm wrong, what am I missing here to make it keep up with TPS?

I noticed that the calibration of TPS reads as ADC and MAP baro reads as volts.

We have played with the calibration of both TPS and MAP baro for knock function and we have found the fastest calibration for both. So it's not likely that is the fault. We've also played with the Field Limiter on logging and this has brought more definition to the smaller signals.

I will be posting the TS log graphs on my thread about Knock sensor working within the next few days.

Looks like both my custom and TPS input channels will work just fine for manual tuning ignition timing with a knock signal.

Thanks again to Dazq, Pazzi88, JHolland and LPG2VC for all your input and support.

It has been a rather intense couple of days of learning.
Me thinks I need a few beers.

Black Knight
Last edited by Black Knight on Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
LPG2CV wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:55 pm BK

You can add a gauge to your TS screen for the processor loop speed to monitor if its having an adverse affect.

Main loop speed in system data group
LPG,

Good info.

I will be adding more things like knock sensor to the speedy so great to know how to see if I am crossing the line.

I will look at this gauge very soon.

Thanks

BK
Sorry to ask question in ur questions but I would love to setup a channel for evap pwm based on map so a similar notion on a custom output channel as you have.

Can you point me to where you found out how to setup a custom channel and assign to speedy channel.

I've found custom channel in TS based on map with my own name but really mine is going to be a map table based on map to give various outputs which it can do. But dont know how to assign to an output. As its only for purge it's not critical of speed or high resolution in my case. Any links appreciated. T.
Hello,

Looking for clarity with regard to adding same 'pressure transducer' as mentioned in first post.

To Recap:
5v+ via the GPIO 5v
GND via the GPIO GND
Signal via GPIO A8

Ok great. But the mention of a 2.2k Resister and then the addition of .1uf and .22uf for signal smoothing has me stumped.
Do I lines these up in any order on the Signal wire before it hits the GPIO a8 pin?

Thanks
KC5555 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:10 pm Do I lines these up in any order on the Signal wire before it hits the GPIO a8 pin?
I would just copy a similar 0-5V input from one of the boards, such as below. The OP used 2.2k instead of 470. That will change the filtering characteristics, for better or worse. ;)

TPS_v04x.jpg
TPS_v04x.jpg (30.38 KiB) Viewed 4271 times

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

See my earlier post . The Base Tune sets t[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?