For anything related to the 'official' Speeduino boards (Eg v0.3, v0.4 etc)
By noisymime
For what it's worth, I've gone ahead and added an OLED interface and an EEPROM to the latest cut of the v0.3 board. Both of these components are very much optional, but I had the space so I figured I should use it.

Note that to add these I2C components, the crank and cam triggers have been moved.

I'm likely going to do another batch of boards soon as I'm all out of v0.2 boards and I've got people asking about getting some. If there's any last minute changes you think are needed, just let me know and I'll see what I can do, otherwise I'll start looking at wrapping this revision up.

V0.3 will almost certainly be the last board I do that is 10cm x 15cm. After this I'll either look towards moving over to the stackable design or I'll use a different shape board as this is a stupid shape for a case (my bad).
By noisymime
turtana wrote:hammond makes the box that i´m using(100*50*120) in 100*50*160 form too.
I looked at that, but unfortunately I had NFI what I was doing when I started the board design and made the dimensions all wrong. The 150mm on these boards is the width, whereas its the length on the 100*50*160 hammond case.

The current board layout is getting messy anyway as there were a lot more changes go into the v0.3 version than I expected, so a fresh start with 0.4 will be a good thing.
By noisymime
OK, barring any last minute problems that might be found, the v0.3 design is now final. Gerbers have been pushed, but I'm yet to have any of these printed yet (My usual supplier has shut down due to Chinese New Year).

The BOM for this will be ready within the next day or 2.

In the end, the notable changes from v0.2 are:
  • 4 high current, low side, generic outputs. All PWM capable. One of these will be used as fuel pump output, another one likely for thermo fan, leaving two spares
  • Crank/Cam inputs moved to pins 18/19 to allow the use of I2C
  • Optional EEPROM
  • Optional OLED display (With mounts for http://www.adafruit.com/products/931)
  • Added a reset pin protection circuit, per Atmel application note AVR040
  • Brought the VR interface DIP closer to the input terminal to reduce noise from high voltage/frequency AC pulses
  • Neatened up much of the routing
  • Brought the pin holes for the MAP sensor slightly closer to the mounting holes
By skyguynca
That all sounds great especially the OLED screen. I am guessing the optional eeprom is for expanding the memory? Is the code already present for the OLED? If so what will it display? Is the code already present for the use of the eeprom?

David
San Jose, Ca
By plazomat
noisymime wrote:OK, barring any last minute problems that might be found, the v0.3 design is now final. Gerbers have been pushed, but I'm yet to have any of these printed yet (My usual supplier has shut down due to Chinese New Year).

The BOM for this will be ready within the next day or 2.

In the end, the notable changes from v0.2 are:
  • 4 high current, low side, generic outputs. All PWM capable. One of these will be used as fuel pump output, another one likely for thermo fan, leaving two spares
  • Crank/Cam inputs moved to pins 18/19 to allow the use of I2C
  • Optional EEPROM
  • Optional OLED display (With mounts for http://www.adafruit.com/products/931)
  • Added a reset pin protection circuit, per Atmel application note AVR040
  • Brought the VR interface DIP closer to the input terminal to reduce noise from high voltage/frequency AC pulses
  • Neatened up much of the routing
  • Brought the pin holes for the MAP sensor slightly closer to the mounting holes
Can we use this OLED found on ebay for $5 from China....http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yellow-Blue-0-9 ... 43d54c80a5

its a 128x64 not 128x32....what does it display?
By noisymime
plazomat wrote:
Can we use this OLED found on ebay for $5 from China....http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yellow-Blue-0-9 ... 43d54c80a5

its a 128x64 not 128x32....what does it display?
In theory, yes. In practice, I need to do some testing. I've got a 128x32, a 128x64 (Blue) and a 128x64 (Blue + Yellow) on order at the moment and will try each of them out.

All these devices use the SSD1306 IC driver, which is nice and simple to interface, however has the disadvantage that you need to keep 1 bit of RAM available per pixel. On the 128x32, this means 512 bytes of RAM, 1024 bytes on the 128x64. The Mega only has 4K of ram to begin with, so it's a big chunk of that gone.

If you use text only on the display, I believe you can cut this down quite a lot, but it does mean that you lose the ability to have any form of graphics. I'll let you know how the testing goes.
By noisymime
skyguynca wrote:That all sounds great especially the OLED screen. I am guessing the optional eeprom is for expanding the memory? Is the code already present for the OLED? If so what will it display? Is the code already present for the use of the eeprom?
Nope, no code is written for either thing yet. I'm beginning to work on the OLED now, the EEPROM is more there are future proofing.
By plazomat
noisymime wrote: All these devices use the SSD1306 IC driver, which is nice and simple to interface, however has the disadvantage that you need to keep 1 bit of RAM available per pixel. On the 128x32, this means 512 bytes of RAM, 1024 bytes on the 128x64. The Mega only has 4K of ram to begin with, so it's a big chunk of that gone.
I will keep looking for a cheap source of the 128x32 in the mean time - what is the plan for this display? - as far as what info do you plan on putting on there?

PLAZ
By noisymime
V0.3 boards have been sent for printing. Have a few spare if anyone wants to do some testing.

Development for me on the hardware will now move over to v0.4 which is intended to be electrically identical. That means virtually all parts, circuits and capabilities will be the same between the 2 (Unless problems are found), with v0.4 focussing more on being a production quality item (ie case, connectors etc).

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?