For anything related to the 'official' Speeduino boards (Eg v0.3, v0.4 etc)
By Snowbird
Hello,

I have a 1990 Miata that I've been looking into using the Speeduino PNP option.

Now the only question I have left before pulling the trigger is what is there for extra outputs? From the PCB it appears there is boost, flex fuel inputs and a few extra pins.

The main things I am interested in are:

VVT
Flex Fuel
Fan Control

Any input is appreciated.
-Matt
By noisymime
OK, so the additional outputs on these boards aren't well documented yet, mostly because no one has asked yet :D

What you have out of the box are 3 medium current (1A) low side outputs, as shown in the picture below:
PNP IO.png
PNP IO.png (1.19 MiB) Viewed 10208 times
I'll do up some more documentation on these giving the pins etc, but they can be used for things like VVT outputs etc.

With the flex fuel, it's basically as simple as just wiring the signal line of your sensor onto the pin labelled Flex and then turn the option on in TunerStudio.

For the fan control, is this for the main cooling fan or the AC? The main cooling fan is already wired up on the connector and works without any more wiring.
By Snowbird
Thanks for the quick reply, Josh.

This makes me very excited. It was really the only concern I had since I'm thinking about getting a VVT engine in the future and didn't want to have to do 2 ECU swaps. ;)

The cooling fan thing is nice as well since I assumed that because it has it's own sensor, it wasn't being controlled by the ECU. Guess I shouldn't assume too much. :roll:
By noisymime
Snowbird wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:18 pm The cooling fan thing is nice as well since I assumed that because it has it's own sensor, it wasn't being controlled by the ECU. Guess I shouldn't assume too much. :roll:
Your assumption was right for the beta units, but so many people commented that I changed things around on the final productions ones :D
I was comfortable with just relying on the thermo switch, but I must admit it's nice to have the control there and tuneable.
By Harry.singh
noisymime wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:51 pm
Snowbird wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:18 pm The cooling fan thing is nice as well since I assumed that because it has it's own sensor, it wasn't being controlled by the ECU. Guess I shouldn't assume too much. :roll:
Your assumption was right for the beta units, but so many people commented that I changed things around on the final productions ones :D
I was comfortable with just relying on the thermo switch, but I must admit it's nice to have the control there and tuneable.
Does that mean the beta 2 run didn't have the change for the fan? If so, do you know what exactly i'd need to change to be able to control through tunerstudio?
By noisymime
Harry.singh wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:27 pm
noisymime wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:51 pm
Does that mean the beta 2 run didn't have the change for the fan? If so, do you know what exactly i'd need to change to be able to control through tunerstudio?
Beta 2 units have the driver for fan control and work out of the box. Beta 1 units would need to add it manually (PM me for details if needed)
By pani
I found a beta 2 pcb and i was thinking is it worth building it or should i go for V1 board? As far as I have read here and Facebook, the beta 2 already has fan and sequential fuel.
By Wiggles
noisymime wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:43 pm OK, so the additional outputs on these boards aren't well documented yet, mostly because no one has asked yet :D

What you have out of the box are 3 medium current (1A) low side outputs, as shown in the picture below:
PNP IO.png

I'll do up some more documentation on these giving the pins etc, but they can be used for things like VVT outputs etc.
Sorry for digging up an old thread...

Any chance of pointing me to the documentation you mentioned?

I've got a PNP setup in my NA6 and i'm swapping to a 1.8 BP4W - I want to wire in one of these medium current outputs to run the VICS butterfly vacuum switch. I'm thinking i'll wire the boost control point on the board to the 2X loom pin, that will let me use the old charcoal canister wiring to run the VSV but i'm unsure how to go about setting it up in tuner studio.

The boost control appears to run off pin 4, do i use the new programmable outputs to switch pin 4 at the target RPM? Or am i missing something?
By Wiggles
Since that post the project has been slightly on the back burner. I had wired the 2x internally on the speedy to boost control but I've since swapped to a flat top manifold si that output isn't needed. I'd like to figure it out in the future tho.

I finally got some time last weekend to sit down and start tuning it. I'm just getting to grips with the software. The base tune I have is all over the shop so I'm still 1 step forward, 2 steps back. But I'm learning, so I'll get there in the end.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?