For anything related to the 'official' Speeduino boards (Eg v0.3, v0.4 etc)
By noisymime
Been a little while between official board posts here on the forum, but this one is worth it.

I've just added the assembled v0.4.4 boards to the Speeduino store at: https://speeduino.com/shop/index.php?id ... er=product

This is a slightly different board to the previous v0.4.x line in that I only intend to sell these as fully assembled units. They contain a number of surface mount components that both reduce the overall price and simplify the assembly process, so they are a little bit of a stepping stone until the full surface mount design is completed (Still many months away).

The features of the boards are essentially the same as the previous versions, but a few extras have been added. Most notably is the addition of a small switch that can be used to disable the Arduino auto-reset when serial connections are made. This can be useful if you are seeing restarts occurring when connected via a USB connection that is flaky or dropping out.

In the long term I am likely to phase out selling kits for the v0.4 boards with the preference being to sell assembled versions only. This seems to be what most people prefer and will free up more of my time as the kitting process is extremely tedious. Kits will still be offered for the v0.3 line for the foreseeable future and I will definitely continue to sell the bare through-hole v0.4.x boards for those interested in DIYing it and ordering their own parts.

Last edited by noisymime on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Add sticky
By evolwun
Thanks for the info. Are all the boards assembled? In my case, for example, I will be using an external map sensor.
By noisymime
evolwun wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:07 pm Thanks for the info. Are all the boards assembled? In my case, for example, I will be using an external map sensor.
Yes, all are assembled. Unfortunately trying to cater to different requirements like that means that you just can't get volume runs to where they need to be and the price goes up :cry:

That said, the MAP sensor can easily be removed from these boards so you can use an external one.
By TDSA
Any possibility of getting the Gerbers so we can make them up ourselves since parts to build a board in my country are 40% of the cost of purchasing them from overseas.

Or is this already in the GITHUB?? Haven't looked as yet
By noisymime
TDSA wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:12 pm Any possibility of getting the Gerbers so we can make them up ourselves since parts to build a board in my country are 40% of the cost of purchasing them from overseas.

Or is this already in the GITHUB?? Haven't looked as yet
I have a few of these boards left over production if you're interested in them. Unpopulated, but I'm not going to be using them. PM me if they would be a help at all.
By noisymime
turboedge wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:28 pm Hey Josh, Is this the actual BOM that they used for assembly?
https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/ ... _seeed.csv
I noticed that R7, the 3.9k resistor is a 1% instead of 0.1%. Has 1% been deemed close enough? Or?
Many Thanks, Weaver
Go with this one instead, it's more up to date: https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/ ... _ITEAD.xls

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?