Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By infinityedge
Soooo, I noticed this:

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/37408-5v ... ranslation
Yesterday, 06:30 AM #9
noisymime

So, I've just about got my adapter board finished off. Ended up using a pair of LMV324LIDT quad op amps, basically exactly how Epyon describe, so thanks for the input!

Will report back when I've got an engine up and running, providing everything works on the adapter
But couldn't find a companion thread about the project here.

Any updates?
By dazq
Noisymime showcased a adaptor board a few days ago
http://gerblook.org/pcb/j2qrDmzw2KeNRQg22kWZKE

Some code work has been done and the firmware as released to you and i compiles and connects to ts,
But unless josh has more on his system thats not on git then its still a way off yet.
By noisymime
You guys are keen aren't you!?! I don't even have the board in my hands yet :lol:
I didn't want to jump the gun and get people excited as things are likely still a few months away from being ready.

The firmware needs more work yes, but I'm at the point where I would like to begin trying it out with a full sim rig on a Speeduino board. I'm also relatively confident now that there aren't any major roadblocks to making this work, just a matter of a bit more firmware and a lot of testing.
By noisymime
TCR801 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:45 pm I haven't found any pics of an assembled teensy adapter .... Ill just stir the pot :D
One of these? Image

I should have some news around this shortly ;)
By neruve
Just stumbled upon this and I cannot even begin to describe how excited I am that I found it. I have been looking for an EFI setup for a turbo small block chevy Datsun 260z I am working on that is budget minded. I have a personal interest in electronics as well and actually picked up a teensy 3.5 several months ago to play around with it.

Its very hard to find an off the shelf unit that does it all with out a high(ish) price tag. The microsquirt is what I was looking at but it is lacking several things that this seems to be incorporating.

Once the teensy boards are available and we see what the 0.5 board brings I think I will bite the bullet on this.

I'm mostly looking for v8 engine control (batch or semi-sequential is fine)
GM stepper IAC control
Boost Control
Flex Fuel
E. Fan control (hopefully dual)

and I would love to have some other inputs left for data logging. (fuel pressure, oil pressure etc)

It seems like this will fit the bill and with the CAN library if its missing too much I can just pair another teensy up with it or even an arduino with CAN and build an aux. box myself!

Looking forward to being actively part of this project Josh.
By noisymime
From the firmware side, this all appears to be working on Teensy at the moment, so that's a positive. The teensy will do just about everything, though I think I still need to finish off adapting boost and VVT control, which hadn't been high priorities.

On the hardware side, I'm running into some sort of issue, probably power related, where the teensy is not functioning correctly when running only off the regulated 5v from the Speeduino board. From the initial reading I've done, there maybe some extra isolation required between the USB 5v and power 5v to prevent this, but I haven't looked into it for a for weeks I'm afraid.

I'll try and get back onto this again shortly and will provide a bit of an update
By neruve
Awesome definitely looking forward to it. I might pick up the 0.4 board (due to onboard stepper idle) to play around with and get my feet wet.
By neruve
I am curious as to how you got the 5v analog signals down to the 3.3v the teensy requires on the conversion board. Insight?

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?