Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
neruve wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 12:04 am I am curious as to how you got the 5v analog signals down to the 3.3v the teensy requires on the conversion board. Insight?
The digital I/O all remains at 5v as the Teensy 3.5 is 5v tolerant for them. The ADC signals are translated down to 3.3v using a voltage divider pair + opamp on each analog channel:

(There are 2 of the above o the adapter board)
By neruve
That's exactly how I figured it was probably being done. Is there a concern about a higher kpa map sensor? since you can only technically read from 0-3.3 volts as far as the processor is concerned?
By noisymime
neruve wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 1:07 pm That's exactly how I figured it was probably being done. Is there a concern about a higher kpa map sensor? since you can only technically read from 0-3.3 volts as far as the processor is concerned?
The sensors are all 0-5v, no matter what their kPa measurement range is, the voltage divider then just scales that reading to 0-3.3v. Even though it's translated to a smaller range, the Teensy has (in standard config) a 13 bit ADC, so you still get accuracy at least as good as the Megas 10bit over 0-5v
By neruve
Any plans to unitize the the on board SD slot on the teensy 3.5? Are you planning to just use the adapter boards or is there going to be a separate speedy board just for the teensy?
By noisymime
neruve wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 2:38 pm Any plans to unitize the the on board SD slot on the teensy 3.5? Are you planning to just use the adapter boards or is there going to be a separate speedy board just for the teensy?
No plans at this stage for to make a dedicated Teensy board, but there's no reason at all it couldn't be done.

SD slot will probably come in time, but no work on it yet.
By TadyTheFish
Hello
I was trying the code on a Teensy 3.6 and it worked. Then I compiled it for Teensy 3.2 and funny thing happened.
The code compiles but it hangs in setup. I was diging a little more an found that it hangs on endCoil1Charge();
further digging brought me to TACH_PULSE_HIGH();

TACH_PULSE_HIGH(); is defined at the beginning and it seems that the Teensy 3.2 chip does not know what to do... Is there an easy fix for this?

Thank you!
By dazq
Not got the data on hand but irrc the T3.2 does not have enough eeprom memory?
Would explain odd effects......
By noisymime
Teensy 3.2 DOES NOT have enough EEPROM to store the whole tune. Please, please, please DO NOT TRY TO RUN AN ENGINE ON A TEENSY 3.2!!

The Teensy will take the tune from TunerStudio and run it out of memory just fine, but the moment you turn it off, it will lose about 1/3 of the tune. I can't even begin to predict what behaviour this will cause, but it won't be good.

Teensy 3.5 or 3.6 are the only even barely supported Teensy devices.
By TadyTheFish
I'm sorry I'm not trying to un an engine with T3.2 I just had ona laying around and gave it a go ;) tottaly forgot about eeprom size :) I was just looking at proessing power and size ;)
Thank you for that clarification :)
By noisymime
TadyTheFish wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:34 am I'm sorry I'm not trying to un an engine with T3.2 I just had ona laying around and gave it a go ;) tottaly forgot about eeprom size :) I was just looking at proessing power and size ;)
Thank you for that clarification :)
All good, I just don't want anyone getting the wrong idea and potential damaging their engine. :)

Let me give more context. I'm trying to replace t[…]

Sorry, i just realized one thing: The 25 degrees […]

Hi y'all, I want to add a new 3-D table for Inj[…]

Yes as mentioned its 114 degrees, most older (rece[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?