Speeduino is now on Github Sponsors (Rather than Patreon): https://github.com/sponsors/noisymime
Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
So after the big release of sequential control in October, Novembers release is less focussed on features and more on under the hood changes, although there have been a few new functions added
For the most part though, November is a stability and bug fix release, with heaps of patches included. Many of these are around sequential (and a big thanks goes out to Dan Elliot for testing throughout November!) but there were also improvements made to a number of decoders, overdwell protection etc.

As far as new features go however, the big one is that flex fuel sensing and adjustment is now supported. This allows for reading from a standard frequency based flex fuel sensor and adjusting the mixture accordingly. The great thing about the standard GM/Continental sensor is that is requires no calibration and so tuning of fuel requirements is largely universal. The default settings included in the base tune will work in almost all cases.
This feature does need some documentation to be written up, which I'll do over the next few weeks, but the support is there and working from this month onwards.

Giveaway!
Finally, many of you will have seen that there is a poll up to vote on a new logo concept. Just incase getting to have a say on the new logo isn't enough incentive (how could it not be!?!) I've decided to add an extra reason to vote....
Once voting closes on Dec 16th, the final logo will be put together based on the results. At that point I'll be choosing 1 person who voted, at random and they will receive a t-shirt and bumper sticker with the new logo from the first round to get printed! This competition is open to all users who have made at least 1 post on the forum at the time voting closes.
Note that the shirts and stickers will take a few weeks to get printed once things are final, so don't expect your winnings before Christmas or anything.

There have been a couple of additions to the voting options recently and everyone can adjust their vote right up to the 16th, so even if you've already voted, take another look and have your say! viewtopic.php?f=28&t=890

Download
The firmware is available for download in the usual locations:
Wiki: http://speeduino.com/wiki/images/3/38/S ... _Nov16.zip
Github release: https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/ ... tag/201611

Release notes
The full list of changes included in this months firmware is below:
  • Move to using the ADC interrupt method of performing analog reads. Thanks to VitorBoss for his work around this!
  • Flex fuel control added
  • Allow selection of the trigger edge on secondary trigger as well as primary
  • Fix ignition miss that could occur when overdwell triggered incorrectly
  • Multiple fixes for timing issues that occurred when sequential was selected
  • Functional timers for teensy boards
  • Enable the injector 3 and 4 angle dialogs when sequential is selected
  • Add missing output mode setting on the stepper motor outputs
  • Improve the scaling on the acceleration enrichment dialog.
By dan.elliott
Great work as Always!

My car is a genuine daily driver and runs brilliantly. I am running a MX5 with a Yoshifab Dual CAS wheel. Fully Sequential spark and fuel is enabled as well as launch on the clutch switch.

Starting is spot on even below freezing and my AFRS are happy accross the board. :D

Going to fit a turbo in the new year
It's going to be ace!
By KLAS
during compiling i get some messages. not named an error, and i can not copy the text.
have no clue what this means.
compiling October FW works without problems
Attachments
Screenshot 2016-12-08 08.27.11.png
Screenshot 2016-12-08 08.27.11.png (98.41 KiB) Viewed 3241 times
By PSIG
Not to worry, as they are passive warnings for stuff like unused features, but the code otherwise compiles, loads, and runs properly, yes? You will probably see some warnings from TunerStudio also, and I see those every time I start TS as well. It's a bit alarming at first, but is just part of the development litter and placeholders as the code is developed. It will be a different set of warnings next release. ;) Ignore them unless it hangs the compiling, upload, or TS start. November seems to be working fine for me.

David

Example of warnings when opening a Speeduino with Nov16 TunerStudio, but the FlexFuel code is not finalized yet:
Code: Select all
2 Warnings:
Warning: flexEthPctLow not found, can not assign defaultValue., Problem at:
[mainController.ini]:[Line:569]:     defaultValue = flexEthPctLow, 0

Warning: flexEthPctHigh not found, can not assign defaultValue., Problem at:
[mainController.ini]:[Line:570]:     defaultValue = flexEthPctHigh, 100
By noisymime
PSIG wrote: Example of warnings when opening a Speeduino with Nov16 TunerStudio, but the FlexFuel code is not finalized yet:
Code: Select all
2 Warnings:
Warning: flexEthPctLow not found, can not assign defaultValue., Problem at:
[mainController.ini]:[Line:569]:     defaultValue = flexEthPctLow, 0

Warning: flexEthPctHigh not found, can not assign defaultValue., Problem at:
[mainController.ini]:[Line:570]:     defaultValue = flexEthPctHigh, 100
Whoops, that's actually a legacy thing leftover from part way through the flex development. Have fixed it now.

The compile Warnings can be safely ignored in the Arduino IDE. No issues there at all
By PSIG
Just a head's-up; there are no schematic.png reference images of any v0.4 version in the November release, and only the v0.3.3 in the 3-series.

David
By KLAS
PSIG wrote: but the code otherwise compiles, loads, and runs properly, yes?
i can not say for sure, as i'm still very slowly building my hardware. all i can do is loading the FW to a Mega 2560 Core and play around a bit with it and TS.
only problem i found is that setting idle controll to stepper will make TS going on and offline all the time
By KLAS
androidcho wrote:Use the latest github version, it must be fixed.
i'm not used to use github, but found a zip called speeduino-master, problem stays the same.
same with speeduino-201611.zip

1J and 1Q appear to be jumped at all times (with i[…]

Speeduino ECU compatibility

Speeduino works with any engine. You just need to[…]

Please read the wiki. It seems you don't understa[…]

VVT angle going backwards?

Pretty sure other than MX-5 trigger VVT is still W[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?