Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
So August gone already and it's been another solid month of mostly bug fixes and stability improvements. Not too exciting, but these can be really time consuming to track down in some cases, so I'm pretty satisfied with the progress this month.

To give a little news on the new feature front, I'm happy to say that I've successfully run a car on fuel sequential fuel/ignition this month. The code to make this work is now largely in place, though needs more edge case testing. Really the largest outstanding work here is in the interface within Tuner Studio. In my opinion the req fuel calculator in TS is not particularly well suited to sequential and it's very Megasquirt focussed in its method. I'm tempted to scrap it for this calculation and point people to a website that is specific for Speeduino, but this is a bit messy and not the best user experience. I'll keep having think about the best way to tackle this.

As for the things that actually got included this month, the big hitters are:
  • The tacho output pin is now configurable in TS
  • A few new gauges and indicators have been added as well as some extra variables in the log
  • The Warm Up Enrichment (WUE) dialog has been rewritten and now no longer uses the built in MS1/2 screen. All temperature bins are now fully configurable (Previously restricted to fixed degrees) and there are no more issues with the dialog itself being blank. SEE NOTE BELOW FOR UPGRADING
  • Improvements to the cranking/starting accuracy for low res decoders (4g63 in particular)
  • Restricted the 'Include AFR' option to only be used when a wideband sensor is selected. Also fixed an error that could prevent the sensor being read correctly under some conditions.
  • A number of improvements were made to the serial connection code. Hopefully this addresses the reconnection issues some people were experiencing on Windows.
  • The fan output now registers the pin assignment correctly :oops:
  • Fixed a bug on the missing tooth decoder that could leave the filter in a state where it rejected all signals above a certain RPM
  • Fixed an issue affecting injector channel 4 under some conditions that lead to a longer than intended pulsewidth on that channel.
With the WUE system having been rewritten, please double check your WUE curve after loading the new firmware and ini. Whilst it should be the same, it's possible.

Other than that, it's a fairly standard upgrade. I strongly recommend it for all users given the fixes that have gone in and as usual, if there are any further problems found, just post below and I'll take a look.

Big thanks to those members out there who both identified issues and helped in testing

Link: http://speeduino.com/wiki/images/a/a1/S ... _Aug16.zip
Github: https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/ ... tag/201608
By androidcho
Thanks! I quite like the github releases.
One question - is that thing a "Sync" indicator and is it working?
Taken from speeduino.ini
indicator = { sync }, "No Sync", "Sync", white, black, green, black

1338 sync = bits, U08, 29, [7:7]
P.S. I've seen this popping out on github some time this month, and if it is, why you don't write about it in the progress report? :)
By noisymime
androidcho wrote:Thanks! I quite like the github releases.
One question - is that thing a "Sync" indicator and is it working?
Taken from speeduino.ini
indicator = { sync }, "No Sync", "Sync", white, black, green, black

1338 sync = bits, U08, 29, [7:7]
P.S. I've seen this popping out on github some time this month, and if it is, why you don't write about it in the progress report? :)
It's there, but not fully working. I actually meant to get it done this month but totally forgot about it until I saw your comment :shock:

I'll make sure its the first thing I do in the next few days.
By androidcho
Yeah, you've done alot of work, so it's normal to forget about such a small (and not so important) things.
Ok, that's great news as this thing, as long as second maps are the things that I'm dreaming to see in this project from long time ago. :D
But hey, sequential is also a good feature and hope we'll see it soon.
By cx500tc
@noisymime - I know I'm in here popping off with this or that whatever, sometimes causing more problems than I solve, but I really do appreciate the work you put in to make Speeduino what it is. Hopefully, there will come the day when I can pop on a Speeduino ECU and ride off on my motorcycle.

Thanks again for all you do.

And since I'm now not the only CX owner in here, maybe you can do a little more than blink a few times, rub your eyes, and sneeze at 80 degrees.
:D

*edit- Fahrenheit... 80 degrees Fahrenheit. That's what I meant. Yeah, really!
There are many reasons why they call these CX and GL bikes "twisted twins".
By noisymime
cx500tc wrote:And since I'm now not the only CX owner in here, maybe you can do a little more than blink a few times, rub your eyes, and sneeze at 80 degrees.
A little tease of Septembers work:
By cx500tc
noisymime wrote:
cx500tc wrote:And since I'm now not the only CX owner in here, maybe you can do a little more than blink a few times, rub your eyes, and sneeze at 80 degrees.
A little tease of Septembers work:
That'll take me a bit to absorb but, cylinders should be 2 as should be injectors for these CX and the related GL bikes.

Don't take that the wrong way, please. I'll be the first to tell you these CX/GL bikes are odd-balls, and I really appreciate what you are putting in to things here. Our biggest issue is trying to figure out how to give Speeduino proper trigger signals... and that's on us.
By noisymime
The support is for more than 2 odd Fire cylinder as well. If you select 2 cylinder, only the relevant oddfire angle box would be available and the others would be greyed out.

The full support is there just in case someone wants to run, say, a Ford v4 :lol:
By dan.elliott
Great work as Always Josh

Cheers :D

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?