To give a little news on the new feature front, I'm happy to say that I've successfully run a car on fuel sequential fuel/ignition this month. The code to make this work is now largely in place, though needs more edge case testing. Really the largest outstanding work here is in the interface within Tuner Studio. In my opinion the req fuel calculator in TS is not particularly well suited to sequential and it's very Megasquirt focussed in its method. I'm tempted to scrap it for this calculation and point people to a website that is specific for Speeduino, but this is a bit messy and not the best user experience. I'll keep having think about the best way to tackle this.
As for the things that actually got included this month, the big hitters are:
- The tacho output pin is now configurable in TS
- A few new gauges and indicators have been added as well as some extra variables in the log
- The Warm Up Enrichment (WUE) dialog has been rewritten and now no longer uses the built in MS1/2 screen. All temperature bins are now fully configurable (Previously restricted to fixed degrees) and there are no more issues with the dialog itself being blank. SEE NOTE BELOW FOR UPGRADING
- Improvements to the cranking/starting accuracy for low res decoders (4g63 in particular)
- Restricted the 'Include AFR' option to only be used when a wideband sensor is selected. Also fixed an error that could prevent the sensor being read correctly under some conditions.
- A number of improvements were made to the serial connection code. Hopefully this addresses the reconnection issues some people were experiencing on Windows.
- The fan output now registers the pin assignment correctly
- Fixed a bug on the missing tooth decoder that could leave the filter in a state where it rejected all signals above a certain RPM
- Fixed an issue affecting injector channel 4 under some conditions that lead to a longer than intended pulsewidth on that channel.
Other than that, it's a fairly standard upgrade. I strongly recommend it for all users given the fixes that have gone in and as usual, if there are any further problems found, just post below and I'll take a look.
Big thanks to those members out there who both identified issues and helped in testing
Link: http://speeduino.com/wiki/images/a/a1/S ... _Aug16.zip
Github: https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/ ... tag/201608