Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By MoysieWRX
Hi,

Testing.h is a redundant file that Josh recently removed from the project.
I noticed this when i downloaded the latest version of the firmware, the solution is simply to remove this line of the code (or you can comment it out.

As per the error message, this line is included in line # 14 on the speeduino.ino file.
Code: Select all
#include "testing.h"
If you remove or comment out this line, then you can compile the latest firmware no problem.

Regards
Mike
By cx500tc
MoysieWRX wrote:Hi,

Testing.h is a redundant file that Josh recently removed from the project.
I noticed this when i downloaded the latest version of the firmware, the solution is simply to remove this line of the code (or you can comment it out.

As per the error message, this line is included in line # 14 on the speeduino.ino file.
Code: Select all
#include "testing.h"
If you remove or comment out this line, then you can compile the latest firmware no problem.

Regards
Mike
With respect to the dev, that shouldn't be an issue- one doesn't push code that doesn't compile. If nothing else, include the file with nothing but stubs in there so things don't break.

FWIW, I'm looking at porting this to TM4C and MSP432 so I am having to work through all the subtleties that lie between AVR and this.
By cx500tc
cx500tc wrote:FWIW, I'm looking at porting this to TM4C and MSP432 so I am having to work through all the subtleties that lie between AVR and this.
Using hardware intrinsic things a little bit antithetic to being open, by the way. ;)
By noisymime
cx500tc wrote:With respect to the dev, that shouldn't be an issue- one doesn't push code that doesn't compile.
You are very correct here. I got caught by one of the quirks of the Arduino IDE where, even if you delete a file that is in the build, you can still compile without a problem until the IDE is restarted.

All fixed up now.
By noisymime
cx500tc wrote:
cx500tc wrote:FWIW, I'm looking at porting this to TM4C and MSP432 so I am having to work through all the subtleties that lie between AVR and this.
Using hardware intrinsic things a little bit antithetic to being open, by the way. ;)
Ayy? Writing for specific hardware isn't against the ideals of being open.
By cx500tc
noisymime wrote:
cx500tc wrote:
Ayy? Writing for specific hardware isn't against the ideals of being open.
Yeah, that was a bit of mispoke on my part.
My apologies.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?