Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By rallikuski
Is this maybe coming to next bigger firmware update?

Or did someone moved this option to new 202207.1 fw?

Or what do i need to change/move/do to get this work on 202207.1? :oops:
By rallikuski
dzener wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:45 am Hello, do you intend to update to version 202207? I don't know anything about programming, and I'm in need of a flatshift to AT too, my transmission is slipping a little when shifting at full load.
Any update coming??
By XPbIM3
rallikuski wrote:Any update coming??
Oh! Nice to see people demanding updates!

Yes, i think I'll be updating/moving to last firmware.
No, I dont think this feature will be in main stream for couple of reasons: very limited amount of users / my sloppy style of pull requests.

By the way, current doubts:
- I doubt if hard cut feature was any useful. I am thinking of leaving only the ignition retard algorithm
-There is a need to do an ignition retard also on downshifts
-Also a kick-down solenoid control should be done via ECU to ensure kick-down using a TPS value, not the press button on the floor.
By rallikuski
XPbIM3 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:52 am
rallikuski wrote:Any update coming??
Oh! Nice to see people demanding updates!

Yes, i think I'll be updating/moving to last firmware.
No, I dont think this feature will be in main stream for couple of reasons: very limited amount of users / my sloppy style of pull requests.

By the way, current doubts:
- I doubt if hard cut feature was any useful. I am thinking of leaving only the ignition retard algorithm
-There is a need to do an ignition retard also on downshifts
-Also a kick-down solenoid control should be done via ECU to ensure kick-down using a TPS value, not the press button on the floor.
I think that hard limit is nice, nice "POP" from exhaust when trans is shifting B 8-)
I did manage kick-down with VVT table because i dont have VVT in engine... And if you need to use VVT you can use programmable output i think?
By I_IQ_I
i have few questions
first, the RPM DOT logic bothers me. rpm drop will only occur after the transmission has initiated the shift and i see that as a delay, doesn't it cause a problem? could it be better if you use a logic with less delay or is it negligible for the application?

see i have a honda fit AT 5sp and yesterday forum servers were down and i was looking for a solution for the delayed shifting.
so i began looking for a solution and noticed i had 3 solenoids on top of the transmission that operate on a consistent sequence for upshift. so i hotglued solid state hall sensors to each solenoid and wired them to an arduino just to test and did a test sketch on arduino ide with 3 if loops all in each other to finally output on the serial monitor that a upshift occured. it wasnt consistent so i just stopped there because the setup was getto anyway.

now that i came across this, im thinking to use a diffrent logic.
i read somewere months ago that the my oem ecu that still controls the throttle body closes at 25% the throttle body durring the shift to reduce the charge on the powertrain. i dont know if the 25% is true so im going for a ride and datalog and figure out a consistent way to detect shift.

if i dont find it i will try the solenoid logic and use the signal that goes to them and a voltage divider to send an input to an external arduino that will at its turn output when solenoid one engages and reset the output when solenoid 3 engages (when the shift is done)
By PSIG
I_IQ_I wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:49 am if i dont find it i will try the solenoid logic and use the signal that goes to them and a voltage divider to send an input to an external arduino that will at its turn output when solenoid one engages and reset the output when solenoid 3 engages (when the shift is done)
That would seem a logical choice, but I would add a simple timer for most transmissions that do not have a secondary solenoid action, or if shifts could be tuned with a specific delay, etc. The delay could also be tied to TPS or MAP to indicate current load, shortening or lengthening the delay to best effect. Perhaps a simple 2-point taper. Hmm...
By Viperjohn
I was thinking of something to cut the ignition or the injectors or both at the same time while some digital input receives 0v-ground and returns to work when the input is disabled, because my automatic transmission when it is in gear time requests a torque reduction by a grounding wire
I would like some opinion to develop this project
thanks

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?