Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
Hi RowdyDouglas,

I read back through the thread and was curious if you cranked the motor over with the modified code to see if tunerstudio reports that the trigger wheels synced?

I haven't tested it yet myself as i have far too many car projects. that said, i did splice into my TJ jeeps harness to add a speedohealer to adjust the speedo for my tires, and while I was in there spliced the crank and cam signals and the sensor ground into the cabin in anticipation of running the jeep on the stock ecu but at the same time seeing if the speeduino reads the cam and crank properly and syncs.

Thanks,

Brian
Hi Brian! I did crank it (I don't have fuel in it right now) saw the ignition led lighting up and some RPM in TS which means it detected something! I think I have it configured to go through one rotation or cycle before firing. I was logging but I have to learn how to review logs.
Sidenote: I am trying to get over to a salvage yard this coming week to look for COP or maybe just an igniter off a 1998 Volvo V70 which seems to function same as a bip373 IGBT https://www.diyautotune.com/product/coil-driver-kit but in a rugged form https://www.ebay.com/itm/184604641162?e ... SwSBpf75kk
Hey RowdyDouglas (and anyone else that is interested),

I finally got some time to install my speeduino in my 2.5L Jeep. I only have cam and crank sensors hooked up and power but i was able to log RPM while the vehicle was running on the stock ECU. I didn't see any SYNC errors or anything like that. I logged some with the composite and tooth loggers though in some of the composite logs it would show something strange and have "Gap" markers here and there with what appeared to be timestamps but im not sure if that is due to my slower laptop....

Either way though, it appears to be working. I still wish that someone that knows how the Jeep2000 code works would take a look at my mods to make sure im not mistaken on my changes that would cost someone a motor.

Now to hook up a coil and driver and set the timing to a fixed 10deg and get out the timing light and see if it will control ignition correctly as i rev it.

Brian
@reliant_turbo, good stuff. My stock ECU is gone (shorted CPU) so I don't have that capability.
Which igniter/logic/driver are you going to use on your coil? I got one of those Bosch drivers mentioned in a previous post, from the salvage yard last week, but I also got 4x coil near plug setup (maybe LS1?) which I am wiring up now.
I brought/registered TS today which I am looking forward to using.
Rowdy
Attachments
LS_CNP.jpg
LS_CNP.jpg (69.21 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
RowdyDouglas wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:50 pm @reliant_turbo, good stuff. My stock ECU is gone (shorted CPU) so I don't have that capability.
Which igniter/logic/driver are you going to use on your coil? I got one of those Bosch drivers mentioned in a previous post, from the salvage yard last week, but I also got 4x coil near plug setup (maybe LS1?) which I am wiring up now.
I brought/registered TS today which I am looking forward to using.
Rowdy
I have a couple of BIP373's kicking around and I have some onsemi ecospark transistors on the way that im going to try out. i think i have a HEI module in a bin somewhere too that I could use.

I may end up with a 2000 neon coilpack in wasted spark on the jeep eventually as I have one of those too when it comes time to run the engine solely from the Speeduino.

Brian
Regarding TS Hardware Test, are the main concerns for damage "testing" while the engine is running and/or sending ignition spark to cylinder(s) with fuel in them out of proper cycle? Other than damage caused by incorrect wiring and configuration, are there secondary concerns like dry firing injectors?
vr,
Rowdy
I agree, nobody should be running Hardware test while engine is running. What I am trying to understand are the other ways damage can occur. For example you mentioned "coils not powered", how would coils be damaged by running Hardware test if they are connected properly? I want to make sure I am getting spark all the way to the plugs which would prove my wiring connections are solid and the trigger signal going low is correct.
Also, attached (removed, see later post) is a log file of cranking; the RPM shows bouncing between 0 and 122. Is that normal? I am trying to determine if the new decoder is functioning properly (noting; trigger edge=rising, trigger filter=low).
Last edited by RowdyDouglas on Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?