Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By dazq
That is the correct section
https://wiki.speeduino.com/en/Canbus_Support2
As is mentioned in the wiki the secondary serial over can is WIP.
No fancy address settings etc need be made , just enable it as explained in the wiki.

We are using the generic 07df responses at this time.

If you need to understand how to talk obd then see the obd page on Wikipedia.
Several of the Arduino to can interface suppliers offer same code that reads over obd.
I have already made several improvements to the current firmware and will be submitting a PR at some stage shortly.

Additionally your choice of transceiver is fine , I personally use sn65hvd230 on my designs.
Yes the internal teensy can interface is in use.
The current firmware implementation has been fully tested using devices from homebrew reader, to a STD obd reader to a very very expensive snapon diagnostic machine.
By dazq
transi wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:33 am Thanx dazg,

have tried it with actual dev firmware but still no function :-(

Do you have a firmware release which definitely works just to be sure ;-)

Thanx again,

// Thomas
You don't need the Dev firmware, it is in the main release version.
By dazq
transi wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:42 am btw: I'm testing only with speeduino connected to pc ....... CAN-Bus should be able to connect then already shouldn't it?
What software are you running on the pc?
The obd data is not a broadcast it is a command response protocol.
By transi
speeduino board is just connected to pc (not running in the car) via usb and I have an ELM327 also connected to the same pc !

FORScan is the software I'm using for trying to connect to speeduino...... see picture above

Thanx!
By dazq
transi wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:54 am speeduino board is just connected to pc (not running in the car) via usb and I have an ELM327 also connected to the same pc !

FORScan is the software I'm using for trying to connect to speeduino...... see picture above

Thanx!
Speedy will reply to the STD 07df requests.
It currently responds as a generic device on 7e8 , the obd address in the settings is not used in the reply.

Have you confirmed your transceiver circuit is working on the teensy? I would load up a simple sketch to check it is receiving data over the bus link from the PC.
By dazq
transi wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:17 am Haven't confirmed if the transceiver circuit is working yet.....

btw: which teensy pins are used for can by speedy? it seems to be able to use different pins for it :?:
Pins are as listed in the wiki ( link as before) according to which teensy you are using eg T3.5 is 3+4.

Alternate pins are not supported without code alteration.use the primary pins.

Seriously recommend you check your hardware is functioning!
By bfinney
I would also recommend you check your hardware, every circuit that I have seen that uses the MCP2551 has pin 8 connected to ground thru a resistor. According to the data sheet that pin is controlled by a resistance. That said I have not use the MCP2551 instead I use the MCP2561, the MCP2551 data sheet says not to use it for new designs instead use the MCP2561.

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?