Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By transi
thanx for recomendation.... have already connected pin8 of the mcp2551 via 1K Ohm resistor to ground for setting it into high speed mode.
I hope I`m able to get to it soon to verify circuit and test other equipment for reading can signals.

Thanx so far,

// Transi
By NickZ
Is 3.3v enough for the transmit trigger and are you pumping 5v back into the teensy on the receive? I havent looked at the teensy pins for a while, is the CAN inputs 5v tolerant?

I use the sn65hvd230, its a 3.3v CAN chip and works flawlessly with the STM32 MCU and Speeduino

a quick look at the CAN chips they look pin compatible maybe try on of them.
By transi
thanx for suggestion NickZ!

have checked datashet of mcp2551 and it say's that high level is starting at 2V so it should work with teensy, but anyhow I have ordered sn65hvd230 to be able to double check it ;-)

Teensy 3.5 is 5V tolerant on digital ports so it should also work on that side, but wil test it with sn65hvd230

Thanx

// Thomas
Hi...Can the CAN bus be utilized with I2C devices? Since numerous sensors planned for utilize with microcontrollers utilize I2C communications, at that point wouldn't the CAN bus ought to be consistent with I2C in arrange to be utilized as a substitution for an I2C bus? I do not know whether CAN is consistent with I2C or not. That's why I'm inquiring. ? If Charge makes a video on CAN I trust he incorporates data on how it can be utilized with I2C gadgets.
https://www.7pcb.com/
Last edited by BriggTrim on Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By dazq
BriggTrim wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:34 pm Hi...Can the CAN bus be utilized with I2C devices? Since numerous sensors planned for utilize with microcontrollers utilize I2C communications, at that point wouldn't the CAN bus ought to be consistent with I2C in arrange to be utilized as a substitution for an I2C bus? I do not know whether CAN is consistent with I2C or not. That's why I'm inquiring. ? If Charge makes a video on CAN I trust he incorporates data on how it can be utilized with I2C gadgets.
I'm not sure I understand,
Can and i2c are totally different connections and protocols!
There are known issues with the i2c library with the mega2560 so is not suitable , use spi instead.
At this time external sensors via spi ,serial or can we s not supported, but a pr with the additional code to add that support would be very interesting to have.
By transi
Thanx for all your help Guy's did now manage to get it work :-)
Just for your knowlegeproblems where:

My OBD tool was not working correct :-(

RX - TX between Teensy and MCP2551 where mixed up in my design....

now it's working as it should, but map sensor data is not beeing displayed as measured.... for now I was using torch.... trying another tool later....

@dazq: have you done PR to CAN codes already since May? Maybe I can test it here if you are interested :-)

Thanx again for your support,
// Thomas
By dazq
No further PID have been added since , the wiki is up to date with those.
New realtime data is now available internally but needs matching to the correct PID to be added to the list.
If you look at the secondary serial list you can see the additional realtimes that were added( enhanced list) . If you can pair them to official PID I would be happy to look at a pr to get them added into the firmware?
Unfortunately I just don't have time at the moment to look at pairing due to work on adding spi device expansion to overcome pin shortages in teensy and stm32 small device builds.
By transi
@dazq:

as in secondary_serial_io_interface I see a data list as of 23/02/2020 but no "enhanced list? Maybe I'm looking at the wrong side but, where are those additional lines to be found?

Thanx,

// Thomas
By dazq
transi wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:22 am @dazq:

as in secondary_serial_io_interface I see a data list as of 23/02/2020 but no "enhanced list? Maybe I'm looking at the wrong side but, where are those additional lines to be found?

Thanx,

// Thomas
Hi yes that is the full list, the enhanced data is simply data beyond value 74 as mention above the list
"The "A" command data set will not be changed or expanded upon and is maintained for legacy devices.
Designers of new devices are recommended to use the newer "n" command to enable use of any additonal enhanced realtime data available beyond the orignal 75 This command supports."

I think I may add some kind of line/divider to perhaps show the split a bit clearer .
Does that help?

Hi :) TB aside, how do you intend to run a 3 cy[…]

I search for the datasheet of the IC and the on[…]

It's actually a pretty rudimentary unit from what […]

Hi y'all, I want to add a new 3-D table for Inj[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?