Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
Working on a complex system (thank bmw.....) I plan to slowly integrate the speeduino in the current car ecu's system.
-Ignition is and will stay cap distributor for now so nothing required for ignition.
-Throttles body have MAP ports available (need to keep the original MAF so the system don't shut me down in limp mode)
-there is camshaft position sensor available (in the distributor)
-there is also a crank sensor available
-gas pump are still controlled by the original ecu's but there is ton of options available for pressure sensors.
-O2 will be replaced by wideband as the original system can survive without them (it won't control anything related to fuel/air/ignition and won't go limp mode)

So input:
MAP+CAM+CRANK+Wideband
Output required:
Injectors.

Is it possible or am I missing something important ?

**Don't ask the why or why not, just let me know what am I missing or if it is enough for Speeduino to run. To do a complete swap I would need to go stick shift and I can't with my health condition :( . so the plan is to slowly cut into that spider web to get control of the engine while keeping the automatic tranny functional 8-) .
JRockland wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:29 am Working on a complex system (thank bmw.....) I plan to slowly integrate the speeduino in the current car ecu's system.
-Ignition is and will stay cap distributor for now so nothing required for ignition.
-Throttles body have MAP ports available (need to keep the original MAF so the system don't shut me down in limp mode)
-gas pump are still controlled by the original ecu's but there is ton of options available for pressure sensors.
-O2 will be replaced by wideband as the original system can survive without them (it won't control anything related to fuel/air/ignition and won't go limp mode)

So input:
MAP+CAM+CRANK+Wideband
Output required:
Injectors.

**Don't ask the why or why not, just let me know what am I missing or if it is enough for Speeduino to run. To do a complete swap I would need to go stick shift and I can't with my health condition :( . so the plan is to slowly cut into that spider web to get control of the engine while keeping the automatic tranny functional 8-) .
Don't know what year or model BMW you are looking at but

Some of the fuel pump modules get a pwm signal from the ECU to control pump pressure/flow.
Some use canbus to do it (mine is)

It IS possible to completely convert to speedy if your gearbox has its own ECU (TCU) . If you know what data or signals it needs , you can have speedy replicate them in lieu of the OEM ECU.
This is exactly what I am doing , gathering the data the auto ECU needs then having speedy send or replicate it.
Same with the fuel pump, so speedy can control that too!
I too cannot live with a manual for health reasons hence the above .
Thank for the feedback !
Yea mine is a 750IL and that transmission in linked to everything in that car.. from the throttle body to the abs system..
I moved from a complete aftermarket ECU to more of a piggy back system... Ill see where I can go from that.
JRockland wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:29 am Working on a complex system (thank bmw.....) I plan to slowly integrate the speeduino in the current car ecu's system.

So input:
MAP+CAM+CRANK+Wideband
Output required:
Injectors.

That's the minimum. Temp sensors would be a good idea too; but, those can just be added later. I'm sure somebody can help you set up trans control. Line pressure and auto lock up, then if you can find out trans solenoid patterns, could set up a paddle shift and call it a day there.
In a general sense, the more the ECM knows (data) the better it will respond and perform. For example, once you tune it at this temperature, as soon as the temperature changes, the system will be fueling wrong and guided by latent O2 feedback. Not a pretty picture. Will it "run"? Certainly, but not to most tuner's or driver's liking.

We get the minimum inputs question frequently, and I stick to my general answer of making the effort to give as much info as possible to the ECM, in order to avoid frustration or disappointment in addition to awkward and inconsistent tuning.

Your opinions and feedback can be helpful also. If you try with "minimum" inputs and progress from there, let us know how it went, and if you would do it differently the next time.
PSIG wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:51 am In a general sense, the more the ECM knows (data) the better it will respond and perform. For example, once you tune it at this temperature, as soon as the temperature changes, the system will be fueling wrong and guided by latent O2 feedback. Not a pretty picture. Will it "run"? Certainly, but not to most tuner's or driver's liking.

We get the minimum inputs question frequently, and I stick to my general answer of making the effort to give as much info as possible to the ECM, in order to avoid frustration or disappointment in addition to awkward and inconsistent tuning.

Your opinions and feedback can be helpful also. If you try with "minimum" inputs and progress from there, let us know how it went, and if you would do it differently the next time.
And temp sensors are easy, especially air temp; drill a hole and stick it in, maybe with the sealant goop. Assuming OEM temp sensors are not a good option for whatever reason.
PervertAngelMarc wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:07 am

So input:
MAP+CAM+CRANK+Wideband
Output required:
Injectors.

That's the minimum. Temp sensors would be a good idea too; but, those can just be added later. I'm sure somebody can help you set up trans control. Line pressure and auto lock up, then if you can find out trans solenoid patterns, could set up a paddle shift and call it a day there.
In its current release form, what you describe is what the gears firmware is capable of ( except line pressure at the moment)
dazq wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:44 pm
PervertAngelMarc wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:07 am

In its current release form, what you describe is what the gears firmware is capable of ( except line pressure at the moment)
As a separate unit from ECU I assume?
Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wo[…]

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?