Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By RempageR1
Hi!

I`m working on adding the Speeduino to my Yamaha Vmax, which is an oddfire machine. Due to the way the current ignition unit (that i`m not replacing) is wired, I have to use a flywheel signal at 0 and 68 degrees. After that, 292 degrees of nothingness.

To make it (somewhat) work, I had a look at the Harley trigger code, for which I changed the 2nd triggertoothangle from 157 to 68. Next, I noticed I got somewhat of a good reading, however from time to time, the RPM`s would read 0.

The reason for that is this line in: the uint16_t getRPM_Harley() function:
tempRPM = ((unsigned long)tempToothAngle * 6000000UL) / toothTime;

Since the first tooth is set a 0 degrees, when it tries to calculate the ROM, the tempToothAngle is 0, resulting in 0 RPM.

So I fixed that by adding the following just in front of it:
if (toothCurrentCount == 1){
tempToothAngle = 292;
}

Now, the RPM`s are fixed, and cylinders 1,2 and 4 fire as they should on the testbed. The Injectors however are for now set to sequential and that results in injector 3 not working. If I decrease the RPM`s a bit, it starts to squirt but after a bit, stops.

To me, it feels like the speeduino doesn't like the huge 292 degree jump and can't interpolate the stuff in between. Any ideas or suggestions to remedy this are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
By theonewithin
Join slack and post there.

That is where most of the developers converse and you will get much better info back.

Not with just 2 teeth accuracy will never be great.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?