Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
Since few people was trying to make stand alone sd card data logger with only some success including my self, I started to think what the best option for data logging excluding laptop? Let say we use android phone or tabled, which app is better for speeduino shadow logger , shadow dash or msdroid? What Bluetooth module is better? What baud rate? May be better solution raspberry pi with usb connection to speeduino and linux version of tuner studio ? What is the best reliable way for data logging without laptop?
I think it depends on what your goals are. When not tuning (USB) or gathering long logs for averages tuning, I log onto my phone with (usually) an HC-06 at 115200 and max auto-rate. However, the (my) interest for on-board auto-logging was to provide a full-time analysis log for review in-case of weird operation or random failure. Sort-of like a store security camera or airliner black-box, that records over itself after a while, but has the data available after an incident.

Are your goals different?
PSIG wrote:I think it depends on what your goals are.
In this case goal is to log data at race, so I can check everything with logviewer after it. Dash not really necessary, but if data logging works good on android , may be I will put tablet for dash and logging. Because at race a lot of shaking and vibration probably Bluetooth connection is more reliable than raspberry with direct usb connection to speeduino ?
Rocket wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:12 am
PSIG wrote:I think it depends on what your goals are.
In this case goal is to log data at race, so I can check everything with logviewer after it. Dash not really necessary, but if data logging works good on android , may be I will put tablet for dash and logging. Because at race a lot of shaking and vibration probably Bluetooth connection is more reliable than raspberry with direct usb connection to speeduino ?
With Bluetooth the data rates will be slower than with a direct connection. This may or may not be an issue for you depending on the level of granularity you need or expect.

I agree the USB plug is a weak point in terms of vibration and I wouldn't choose that route myself, but I'd suggest that anything, soldered or plugged, has the potential for vibration issues especially if it's a stiff race car. So extra support / locking for any connections are probably always going to be needed.
If it helps in opening options or reducing the need for wireless; I have used custom tuning cables for many years that are secure and robust, while being easy and more convenient all-around. This example I have used for going on 20 years on certain systems, and the quality dash-mounted 3.5mm (1/8") audio jack still works perfectly, with very low noise, higher-speeds, and no connection slop:

Dash-mount_tuning_cable.jpg
Dash-mount_tuning_cable.jpg (112.73 KiB) Viewed 7004 times

Note however, my choice of dash panel connector back then has a drawback, that passengers may think it is audio and have tried to plug other stuff into it. :roll: No big risk, but still… Even better could be permanent connection at the ECM (soldering with anchoring), or a simpler and yet better connector for case pass-through, such as the GX-12 example I use below.

GX-12_3-pin.png
GX-12_3-pin.png (70.31 KiB) Viewed 7004 times

In-fact, the ST04 breakout board has a location designated for this connector series, using a 4-pin for remote-mount Bluetooth, or remote USB using any dash port type. But robust connectors like this or others can be mounted in nearly any case, and patch cords made for any device you're using. Can't beat the speed and reliability. It's dead simple and it just works.

These are only solutions I've used, changing since the days of Velcro wrapped around my thigh, and a Palm Pilot stuck to it recording data for easy operation and less vibration than a mount. Ponder the weakest link, and beef it up. Then see where you need to go from there. Perhaps WiFi is becoming worth the extra trouble for specific users as a high-speed link. Where is that extra Pi… ;)
Jama wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:22 am Have a look at this as an option.

https://github.com/ric355/SpeedyLogger
If I understand the description correctly, it uses wired connections? No WiFi? If so, then the issue is that I can use the phone I carry 24/7 to record the data through BT or my dash port without any Pi. Am I correct in my assumptions?
PSIG wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:35 pm
Jama wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:22 am Have a look at this as an option.

https://github.com/ric355/SpeedyLogger
If I understand the description correctly, it uses wired connections? No WiFi? If so, then the issue is that I can use the phone I carry 24/7 to record the data through BT or my dash port without any Pi. Am I correct in my assumptions?
SpeedyLogger is my code. It uses a wired connection between the Arduino board and the Pi, and grabs data using the secondary serial connection. It will log data whenever it and the arduino has power. You must remove the SD card from the Pi to get to the datalogs. There is no support for wireless access to the logs at this time.
Here's my solution that I'm working on at the moment - I've just ordered PCBs -

It's Teensy 3.5 based and can connect bluetooth (HC-06), or wired. If running bluetooth, then you also have the choice of running Vcc from the speeduino circuit, or with an optional onboard 12v regulator.

It has a GPS (NEO-6M), and buttons to reset and mark positions within the logfile, LEDs for status (running, and GPS fix), and an optional facility for a SSD1306 mini-display that can display live metrics, and writes datafiles on the SD in the native MSVLG megalogviewer format.

I'm still working on the code, but it's largely there - my initial implementation is polling the GPS device once a second, but I'm finding that far too slow (>300ms), so will need to re-write that.

Always going to be one, I have completed 3 convers[…]

Do i have to do something in arduino software ? i […]

STM32 development

Not yet, I have been too busy to look into it but […]

Hola a todos Actualizo!!! Me es grato comunicaros[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?