Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
ric355 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:46 am… It uses a wired connection between the Arduino board and the Pi,… It will log data whenever it and the arduino has power. You must remove the SD card from the Pi to get to the datalogs. …
Well, it appears to be a solution for the "black box" automated background logging I mentioned. 8-) Assuming it is only for occasional data retrieval, manual SD card removal is not a big burden. Please confirm if background Serial3 logging may be simultaneous with Serial1 tuning, TS, MLV, etc?
PSIG wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:24 pm Well, it appears to be a solution for the "black box" automated background logging I mentioned. 8-) Assuming it is only for occasional data retrieval, manual SD card removal is not a big burden. Please confirm if background Serial3 logging may be simultaneous with Serial1 tuning, TS, MLV, etc?
Yes, you can both tune via TS on Serial 1 and datalog via serial 3 at the same time. You must use a separate computer to do the tuning as the Pi is dedicated to the logging activity.
PSIG wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:52 am I have used custom tuning cables for many years that are secure and robust, while being easy and more convenient all-around.
Custom cable is good idea. But bluetooth probably will be good enough for now . What app do you prefer to use with android?
hindsight wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:57 pm Here's my solution that I'm working on at the moment - I've just ordered PCBs -

It's Teensy 3.5 based and can connect bluetooth (HC-06), or wired. If running bluetooth, then you also have the choice of running Vcc from the speeduino circuit, or with an optional onboard 12v regulator.

It has a GPS (NEO-6M), and buttons to reset and mark positions within the logfile, LEDs for status (running, and GPS fix), and an optional facility for a SSD1306 mini-display that can display live metrics, and writes datafiles on the SD in the native MSVLG megalogviewer format.

I'm still working on the code, but it's largely there - my initial implementation is polling the GPS device once a second, but I'm finding that far too slow (>300ms), so will need to re-write that.

With teensy capabilities, I think it will be good solution not only speeduino data logger but also with additional inputs for cars telemetry data logging, for example wheels speed, steering angle, brake pressure, etc.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?