Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By Slydit
QUESTIONS AT THE BOTTOM

ok so ive installed an no2c into my mx5 and have soon discovered that batch injection sucks.lol.

I'm modding my 202005 firmware to run sequential by using the unused VVT and boost control channels which use the same driver fet type as the injectors 1/2.
I found the "init" file in the speeduino firmware and scrolled all the way down to case 40 which is the n02c specific mappings and changed the following...

pinInjector3 = 6; //Output pin injector 3 is on changed from pin11 to 6 for seq fuel mod
pinInjector4 = 7; //Output pin injector 4 is on changed from pin12 to 7 for seq fuel mod
pinBoost = 12; //Boost control changed from 7 to 12 for seq fuel mod UNUSED
pinVVT_1 = 38; //Default VVT output changed from pin6 to 11 then 38 for seq fuel mod and vvt mod

i also wanted to drive a shift/overboost light so im using the unused tach output pin, but using the VVT map to drive it...
so the VVT and Tach pins got swapped to make VVT drive pin 38, and then i just assinged the unused pin 11 to the tach.

NOW FOR THE QUESTIONS.
I see that the injector FETS use a 100k pull down resistor but the boost/vvt have none? im assuming ill need to add them?
also that the tach circuit hardware needs mods (remove R12, change the value of R13? and possibly install a pulldown resistor of (1k?)

can anyone help with confirming the hardware mods?
also anything else in the firmware need changing to make it run? do i nee to do anything with the INIT.h file??
i tried the 202008 when it was first released and for some reason it did weird things with some of the constants..no idea why so i went back to 202005 because it was working.
im using vvt because one map gives me rev limit and over boost values on one map/output.
By PSIG
Slydit wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:10 am ok so ive installed an no2c into my mx5 and have soon discovered that batch injection sucks.lol.
Just a side-note to avoid a search for magic answers in hardware — the average person will not readily notice the difference between a well set, tuned and trimmed paired (batch) system and a sequential one. Likewise, in either case they must be tuned properly to realize the potential difference. Not to add insult or injury, but sequential also only has benefit in a relatively narrow range of rpm and load. Not that you shouldn't use sequential if you have it, but just saying that there isn't amazing magic in hardware sequential as there is in good tuning. Do your thing! 8-)
Slydit wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:20 am i tried the 202008 when it was first released and for some reason it did weird things with some of the constants..no idea why so i went back to 202005 because it was working.
This is probably an indication you have settings wrong somewhere or you didn't upload base tune then copy over your settings when upgrading.

The latest firmware is a big jump and I would highly recommend loading base tune after upgrading then copy over all your settings.

And as above. Paired injection works absolutely fine. There are few situations where it is "better" in any significant way.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?