Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By stum
Hi All,

I have not downloaded the latest Firmware yet, but was planning to shortly for a new project.

I have an engine with VVT, continuous variable. My understanding is that the new code firmware will support this. I am just after a little more detail on the requirements/Functionality. I was looking at locking out the VVT. And getting the timing close by skipping a tooth on the chain

The engine has a 36-1 crank trigger.
And 4 teeth on the Cam, A single and a group of 3. Im assuming that the new firmware will want to only see one. And can this be anywhere, or only at TDC, or is there an offset applied via TS.

My understanding on how this engine works is when turned off and cranking the cam phasors are locked at -10 deg by a pin. Once engine oil pressure is available it unlocks this pin, and the controlling the solenoid (PWM) you can control the timing from -10 -> +50 deg.

I'm assuming that the trigger crank trigger (missing tooth) is compared to the Cam trigger (single tooth) and an offset is calculated. Compared to a look up table and the VVT output PWM controlled to bring into align.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this great new function.

regards

StuM
Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

BMW E23 M30B28

Don't forget, you can always fall-back to the &[…]

The basetunes were on so old version that they did[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?