Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
Been a few months between firmware updates once again, which I think reflects what is probably the new normal in terms of firmware releases. This comes down to the larger pieces of work that are going in, but also the higher number of contributions from others. With this release there have been 10 different people with commits, far exceeding any of the previous releases! A HUGE thanks to all those who contributed

A significant amount of effort went in this month to a large change in the calibrations routines for temperature and O2 sensors. Whilst this doesn't impact how these work from a user perspective, it has allowed the free up of a significant portion of memory and EEPROM, which will mean plenty of room for future expansion! This may not sound like a big deal, but it will ensure that continued additions can be made without running up on memory limits for quite some time. It has the added side effect of making the temperature calibrations MUCH faster.

The other major addition this month is the introduction of programmable outputs. These allow output pins to be set based on defined conditions and rules. For example you can create a basic shift light by setting a rule to switch an output high when the RPM goes over a certain value.

As always, there are tons of other small additions as well, and a list of the main changes is below:
Overall Engine Protection system
Fuel and oil pressure inputs
Generic programmable outputs
420a decoder
Water and methanol injection
Fuel Temperature sensing and compensation
Closed loop VVT on missing tooth
VSS Sampling (Less jumpy VSS readings)
Add option to display and log VSS in MPH
Add AE option to add amount rather than multiply
Add 'Incorporate AFR' (MS fuel table compatability mode)
TPS reverse fix
New calibration modes (Much faster temp calibrations)
Serial buffer improvements + decoder perf improvements

The update is available through SpeedyLoader or on Github: https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/ ... tag/202008
A huge release again! Thanks!

Something is wrong with release downloads:
1) SpeedyLoader fails to download a Base tune for Aug firmware ( Both MacOs version and Win version)
2) A signature mismatch between SpeedyLoader ini and base tune optained from github release.
3) Version naming style "20208" vs "202008"
By noisymime
АлександрГусев wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:26 am A huge release again! Thanks!

Something is wrong with release downloads:
1) SpeedyLoader fails to download a Base tune for Aug firmware ( Both MacOs version and Win version)
2) A signature mismatch between SpeedyLoader ini and base tune optained from github release.
3) Version naming style "20208" vs "202008"
Should've all been fixed earlier today. There was a typo in the github release (20208 instead of 202008 as you say) which caused the failure.
By maisdc
Speeduino getting better and with more resources, VSS is much better, but still oscillates slightly. If the speed update occurred every 1 second or a little less, I believe there would be less oscillation. Thank you very much for the great job.
By ric355
maisdc wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:24 am Speeduino getting better and with more resources, VSS is much better, but still oscillates slightly. If the speed update occurred every 1 second or a little less, I believe there would be less oscillation. Thank you very much for the great job.
How much oscillation are you seeing? Is it more than 1mph / kph?
By Soker
I experienced a loss of the IAT calibration with the 202008 firmware on the mega2560
What happens is that the IAT readings are jumping from no sense values , the only way to fix it was to calibrate again the thermistor tables on tuner studio
Never had this problem with previus firmwares
By NickZ
the calibration system has changed, so this firmware will need calibration.
"New calibration modes (Much faster temp calibrations)"
Does say in the release notes.
By Soker
After upgrading to the new firmware 202008, I did the calibration of both IAT and also CLT temperature sensors, and eveything was working fine !, but 2 days after, I saw that the IAT's reading were jumping randomly from -30 to 200 , and in order to fix it I had to do a new calibration

So I assume that the calibration get somehow corrupted by his own
By Banner
Many thanks to you and the rest of the team for putting this together for us to enjoy. I have a question regarding the 420a decoder, is this applicable to both the Dodge and Mitsubishi versions? I'm not sure if there are any differences between the two.

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

don't load your old tune in case it is corrupted[…]

Yes, totally wrong setting. Slight noise in TPS ca[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?