Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By spaco
I have tried to follow the instructions and asked a more knowledgeable friend to try too and he can't get the code to compile either. Maybe I just don't understand how github works.
Hate to admit it but some of the terms in the instructions are unknown to me:
for instance: "Using git to clone the repo is recommended as you can get updates easily, however you can also download a in time snapshot ZIP if you'd prefer".
I clicked the "Download Zip" button at the url: https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino
I extracted it to a location arduino/arduino1.0/speeduino. I unzipped it there where it created a folder named something like speeduino-master which had a whole bunch of files in it.
So, I copied all those files up one level to arduino/arduino1.0/speeduino.
Then I copied the 4 libraries that came with the download into the arduino1.0/libraries folder.
Then I opened the arduino ide and loaded the sketch "speeduino.ino".
When I try to compile, I get these errors:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In file included from speeduino.cpp:30:
C:\Users\ztpete\New My Documents\Arduino\arduino-1.0\libraries\digitalIOPerformance/digitalIOPerformance.h: In function 'void pinModeSafe(uint8_t, uint8_t)':
C:\Users\ztpete\New My Documents\Arduino\arduino-1.0\libraries\digitalIOPerformance/digitalIOPerformance.h:65: error: 'INPUT_PULLUP' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\ztpete\New My Documents\Arduino\arduino-1.0\libraries\digitalIOPerformance/digitalIOPerformance.h: In function 'void pinModeFast(uint8_t, uint8_t)':
C:\Users\ztpete\New My Documents\Arduino\arduino-1.0\libraries\digitalIOPerformance/digitalIOPerformance.h:2575: error: 'INPUT_PULLUP' was not declared in this scope
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to build a replacement ignition controller for an old OMC snowmobile engine powered ATV. It's a 2 cylinder 2 stroke, basically a wasted spark system. I have built a bench type hall effect "flywheel simulator" (using an Arduino, naturally) and have it sending simple trigger pulses to another Arduino that figures rpms and sends out trigger commands to an old Audi COP pack and that all works properly. So, what I thought I'd do here is to carve off all the fancy things that I won't need from your firmware, and, as you can see that's where I have run aground.

Can you please put me on the right path?

Pete Stanaitis
www.spaco.org
By noisymime
Hey Pete

Looks like you're on the right track. That error is one I haven't seen before, but a quick look around Google indicates it may have been a problem with the early 1.0.x versions of the arduino ide.

Can you check a couple of things for me... What version of the arduino IDE are you using? (I highly recommend the latest version). And what arduino board do you have selected within the arduino software?
By spaco
I AM using 1.0.

After reading some of the other posts, I did learn that I needed to select the Mega2560, so I have done that.
(It hadn't occurred to me I'd need to select the correct board just to get the code to compile).

I guess it's time to bite the bullet and move to the latest version of the IDE.

Pete Stanaitis
-----------------
By spaco
Success! I loaded up the latest IDE.

After one terrible failure, I realized (again) that I had not selected the 2560. After correcting that oversight, the program compiled normally.

Since this exercise also forced my to load that new IDE, that's another hurdle that I have passed.

Thank you for your help,
Pete Stanaitis
-----------------
By noisymime
Great to hear!

In the background, Arduino is actually loading files that are specific to each arduino when it compiles. Things like what pins are available, CPU specific things (Eg number of timers) etc. This is why you need to have the correct board selected at compile time.

As for the latest IDE version, it comes with some good code compile performance improvements too, so it's definitely worth the update :D

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?